Reminder: Arctic Dive This Sat. Feb 27 Lake Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broken Finstrap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just wanted to post a reminder that the Arctic Dive is this Saturday Feb 27, up at Lake Murray at Marietta Landing. Right now, it looks like the weather may cooperate with us Saturday and it will be a good day to be outside.

Here's just a little information for Saturday...
We are planning on having a big bonfire. Bring your camping chair and favorite beverage. For the hardy divers, there will be a dive led by our ScubaBoard member, "richerso" at noon. Early afternoon, we will be Geochasing.

We plan on eating around 5ish. Tickets for dinner will be $15. Some of you have already contacted me for tickets. FYI: The menu consists of pulled pork sandwiches with sides. Some members from both the Dillos and Rebels have volunteered to bring additional sides and desserts too. You are welcome to bring an item.

After dinner, Steve will be heading up the wine/cheese tasting. Bring your best/worst wine and cheese. In the past, it has been a lot of fun to see some of the most unusual creative wines people bring that they have found in wine stores.

In the past, people have camped, some show up in the RV's and others have reserved cabins nearby. It's a fun outing to get together with friends, sit around the fire and visit.

Thank you everyone,
Gena

Gena are you gonna dive?

Gena will not be diving. I don't know why.

I just want to say thank you for everyone coming out and being apart of the Arctic Dive. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone. I didn't get to dive since I was one of the organizers but John dove for me. He too was one of the organizers. Thank you everyone!
-gena

Fun was had by all!

The wine tasting was rigged, however...:shakehead:

Wine tasting was not rigged!
Despite our wide latitude in allowing various types wines to be entered into the contest in various categories, you are not allowed to submit bona fide environmental waste under the guise of a wine -- even if said waste is in a wine bottle.

Having said that, I was proud of your bottle of Murray's Finest - 40 ft. vintage. That was a good depth.

Back
Top Bottom