Arctic Dive and Wine and Cheese Tasting, March 12, Lake Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broken Finstrap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Everyone,
The famous Arctic Dive and Wine and Cheese Tasting will be held Saturday, March 12 at Lake Murray. Everyone will be meeting at Marietta's Landing for the gathering. Meal tickets are $10 if you contact me before hand or $15 at the outing. Long time Scubaboard member "richerso" is heading up the diving for the outing. He will be posting more info about the diving part. I am wimping out to help with food setup.

This event has been held every year as long as I can remember. This year we are having it a little later due to the the Texas Dive show that was last weekend. It is also joint outing for the Diving Rebels and Scubadillo Dive clubs. Most people won't dive but there will be a few hardcore divers that will. It's also a good excuse to get together with fellow divers and just hang out by the fire.

Any questions, let me know.
Thanks
Gena

Anybody diving? Anybody?

I will be there signing autographs :D

What times are we talking. I haven't dove Lake Murray, but do want to check it out as I am failry new to the DFW area. Not sure if my son or wife will be available but may run up there. I am always up to dive...I grew up diving the wonderful cold quarries of Ohio. Bring on the dry suit.

Short answer: Activities should start around 1200 - 100pm on Saturday Mar 12. You can stay as late as you like. There will be a bonfire late in the evening; a prize raffle, a silent auction (various items), a wine & cheese tasting event and other activities.

You can find more information here:
http://www.divingrebels.org/

A nice pulled pork dinner with fixin's will be served. Meal ticket purchase required.

We will be diving at 130 or 200pm. Just a casual tour through the water of Marietta Landing.

Last year we had several Scubaboard members come diving at Lake Murray.
Weather is looking good for Saturday. There are also plans for a silent auction of used gear too.

I'll be out of town to make good on a mans last request. I'm supposed to play the Guitar and sing "I'm a man of constant sorrow" at his memorial service.
The song has some sad words but if you remember the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou ? then it really doesn't come off as sad :D
After that we're headed to Zion National Park in Utah for a week.

I'll miss hangin' with you folks at the bonfire !

Sorry to hijack the thread for a second but..
Timeliner, sorry about your friend and good on you, that kind of promise and follow through is bitter-sweet.

Back
Top Bottom