Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were staying at Scuba Club Cozumel. They have pretty nice setup for shore dives with steps down into a pool, then you swim through a cut in the iron shore. They have an artificial reef made from the rubble of their old pier about 100 feet out. Depth is 24 feet. Great for a checkout dive and easy night diving. Though it might feel like Groundhog Day we still saw fun stuff each dive, day and night.
DSC07043-32.jpg
DSC07043-32.jpg DSC07043-32.jpg DSC07050-32.jpg DSC07050-32.jpg

What a coincidence, I am arriving on Sunday afternoon. Starting to think it's personal:mad:
How were the airport and flights?

Windguru has updated with a better Monday view before going iffy...

upload_2020-12-6_12-4-32.png

Flight was OK, load factor was 75%. Medium turbulence from the coast to mid gulf. Hopefully the Port will stay open all day, going to try and get in two sets.
#$#"$@ customs took my cheese. They are talking a real hard line. Factory vacuum packaging doesn't count, with food it must have a USDA stamp on the package, missed my Costco bag of almonds though

Flight was OK, load factor was 75%. Medium turbulence from the coast to mid gulf. Hopefully the Port will stay open all day, going to try and get in two sets.
#$#"$@ customs took my cheese. They are talking a real hard line. Factory vacuum packaging doesn't count, with food it must have a USDA stamp on the package, missed my Costco bag of almonds though
Mexican customs? They did not care for my trail mix I made myself, packed in an unmarked ziploc bag.

Mexican customs? They did not care for my trail mix I made myself, packed in an unmarked ziploc bag.
They took that? I'm accustomed to them maybe glancing at most, so I guess that's changed. I've taken similar, self packed bags of trail mix plus a ziplock of coffee & filters so I'd only have to find a cheap coffee maker for the room. I don't guess that'll work now.

They took that? I'm accustomed to them maybe glancing at most, so I guess that's changed. I've taken similar, self packed bags of trail mix plus a ziplock of coffee & filters so I'd only have to find a cheap coffee maker for the room. I don't guess that'll work now.
No, they "did not care" as in "had no interest whatsoever".

We’re at the Palace and are not diving today. One of the boats called the second dive because half the boat was chumming, and they were also worried about the difficulty of getting back on the boat after a second dive. Someone said a DM said the Norte came sooner than expected and it might mean good news for tomorrow. Hoping so, as it’s our last dive day at the Palace and I like diving with them.

We’re at the Palace and are not diving today. One of the boats called the second dive because half the boat was chumming, and they were also worried about the difficulty of getting back on the boat after a second dive. Someone said a DM said the Norte came sooner than expected and it might mean good news for tomorrow. Hoping so, as it’s our last dive day at the Palace and I like diving with them.
Sorry to hear this...we just extended our stay by 10 more days, so I'm confident weather wont wash us out as we now are more flexible with our dives dates with Aldora!

No, they "did not care" as in "had no interest whatsoever".
Oh, good, thanks. I double checked a list of food items that can and cannot be taken in. Your nuts & dried fruit should be ok as should my coffee. Cheese not so much.

We’re at the Palace and are not diving today. One of the boats called the second dive because half the boat was chumming, and they were also worried about the difficulty of getting back on the boat after a second dive. Someone said a DM said the Norte came sooner than expected
The only time I've ever been a little seasick was on a moored boat waiting on the other divers.
The airport is reporting 17 mph from the northeast. If the Port hasn't closed yet, I'd expect that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom