Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the port open today, Tuesday, Nov. 11?

Wednesday Nov. 11, fourth day of port closures. Wind has died down quite a bit so hopeful for tomorrow. Like to thank the whole team at CenoteXperience for squeezing me in for two days of cenote diving. Sunday we dived Angelita and Carwash. Angelita is similar to The Pit if you've dived it. We started our descent in zero viz--I couldn't see my guide Carlos four feet away except his light. Viz didn't clear up until we hit about 85 feet and we could finally see the island mound in the middle of the hydrogen sulfide cloud. Visibility was around 30 feet but started to clear as more divers descended--maybe viz got up to 45 feet max. Large group or class of free divers clogging up the dock area so had to work our way around them to get out. Left Angelita cenote to Carwash to eat our lunch---the mosquitos at Angelita were brutal but hardly any at Carwash. My expectations of Carwash were pretty low but I was in for a big surprise. The tannic
MICR0027.jpg
MICR0026.jpg
MICR0040.jpg
MICR0059.jpg
acid in the water had turned the water to a beautiful Bronco orange color and viz was seventy feet plus. Made for some good photo ops. The descent into the cavern zone turned dark fast and the viz was unlimited. Not a long line but nice with some up and down and some stalactites to view. The view back into the main pond of the cenote was eerie (nice shades of green.) Liked the dive at Carwash under these conditions but I was told it wasn't always this colorful.
MICR0015 (2).jpg

Terrific photos bshort4! I’m sitting in my hotel still waiting for the port to reopen. Running short on my remaining dive days here on Coz...

Terrific photos bshort4! I’m sitting in my hotel still waiting for the port to reopen. Running short on my remaining dive days here on Coz...
Yep sitting in my room too, only have two more days to be able to get my first dives in this trip in Cozumel - hoping for the best tomorrow - but it's about time for another Caribe burger lol

Just arrived via ferry. Good timing! I was dreading sitting in my room.

Had my reg in at Cozumel Scuba Repair and missed the 1:30 boat at Blue Angel. All good though. Went for a shore dive instead. Seemed very lively.
Big swaths of the pen were down btw.

... and it looks like we'll have another storm on the way soon

Back
Top Bottom