Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And there is yet another disturbance brewing in the Caribbean SE of Cozumel.
I don't see that one. There is 97L out in the Atlantic headed east towards Morocco. Eta has a peculiar path projection, turning back towards the Yucatan, then abruptly turning north for Florida's panhandle.

000.png
2.JPG
1.JPG

Eta has a peculiar path projection, turning back towards the Yucatan, then abruptly turning north for Florida's panhandle.

It's trying to find a way to run over the top of Slidell, LA again.

The one on the far side of the Sargasso Sea has 60-70% chance of becoming Theta, and that's the last name of the approved list. I suppose that they can approve more if needed. One year there was one that landed, broke up, then reformed when it hit warm water again, and they met late into the night arguing over whether to give it a new name or not. It got the old name again I think.

Anyone know what might happen this coming Sunday - Wednesday? I have limited time to dive and we're bringing friends to get their certification during that 4-day period, but I'm not sure if I want them to come over if the weather won't cooperate

Anyone know what might happen this coming Sunday - Wednesday? I have limited time to dive and we're bringing friends to get their certification during that 4-day period, but I'm not sure if I want them to come over if the weather won't cooperate
I have little confidence in weather forecasts that far out, but the current view on Windguru suggests northerly winds developing up to 12 mph, then stronger Wednesday...

upload_2020-11-9_21-16-54.png

I have little confidence in weather forecasts that far out, but the current view on Windguru suggests northerly winds developing up to 12 mph, then stronger Wednesday...

Thanks for the info

I assume that's bad? Are those winds on Wednesday (assuming they hold) sufficient to shut down diving? Fwiw we're staying at the iberostar to minimize the amount of travel time needed to the reefs

Thanks for the info

I assume that's bad? Are those winds on Wednesday (assuming they hold) sufficient to shut down diving? Fwiw we're staying at the iberostar to minimize the amount of travel time needed to the reefs

It's all about wind direction, out of the East just enough and the island blocks the waves - it's close but also 8 days away

Back
Top Bottom