Windy Point conditions Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrates tamucc2004, what group where you with?

K-valve, man I wish I would have known the DUI guys where staying out there latter, from the way I heard everyone talking, it sounded like it was about to get shut down. I ended up coming home with a full tank.

I was out there with the Ascuba Ventures shop out of Corpus Christi. Dan Battles was our teacher. We were camped between the entrance and the DUI tent. There were three of us in the class and another couple that was diving with the DUI suits.

Congrats on your certification tamucc2004! Was that ya'll camped out on the point near the fence?

K-valve, man I wish I would have known the DUI guys where staying out there latter, from the way I heard everyone talking, it sounded like it was about to get shut down. I ended up coming home with a full tank.

Yeah, it started off pretty slow...I imagine Sunday morning plus the weather accounted for most of that. It really picked up around noon though. I was pretty much in the water solid from noon until we started shutting down around 4 pm. I don't think I have the endurance to chase the newbies around for 8 hours straight anyway! They wore me out! :D

Congrats tamucc2004. I was at that school in 89. I got certified under the SPID Intercoastal bridge. Lake Travis is a much better training site. Be sure to put up a post on your next trip up. I'm sure some of us will be around the water.

Congrats on your certification tamucc2004! Was that ya'll camped out on the point near the fence?

No We were camped up the hill the other way towards the main entrance. We were under the trees just above the little rock wall. We came thru the by the DUI tent and were getting in using the stairs the the DUI demos were. Me and the instructor are both pretty big guys and the others were a guy and girl that were both about a 100lbs soakin wet.

come on now, dont blame it all on my UT students. I did see a fare share of the dry suit divers playing in the muck, and running through the water kicking it up. haha

come on now, dont blame it all on my UT students. I did see a fare share of the dry suit divers playing in the muck, and running through the water kicking it up. haha

I didn't...
Vis was pretty good this morning, but by the time all the new drysuit divers and the UT Open Water class was finished the place was pretty silted up.
...but ya'll did your share too.:wink:

I wanna go on a treasure hunt sniffle, all I found is a penny, and that was actually handed to me, so not even technicually found by me

I still do not see how it is hard to stay off the bottom, seems like half the divers I saw had a trail of silt behind them. Im not talking about an occasional bump in the bottom, Im talking about just dragging along the bottom the whole time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom