Wilmington Dive and Weather Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The REEF surveys list 118 species identified on the Hyde. I think that number is now slightly higher.

How about this one, what kind of blenny is this cute little one poking out of the small hole of the wreck? Seaweed blenny?

M0035595.JPG

Cool! Thanks! The way it likes to sit on corals or walls, it reminds me of hawkfish.

Had to look up hawkfish. Cute. Have not seen one of those.

How about this one, what kind of blenny is this cute little one poking out of the small hole of the wreck? Seaweed blenny?

View attachment 425467

Dark version of the seaweed or the crested. Those are the two we usually see. Hard for me to tell. With seaweed I would expect to see lines on face a bit more clearly. Also cirri do not appear to have several branches. I would lean to crested. But not a blenny expert.

Dark version of the seaweed or the crested. Those are the two we usually see. Hard for me to tell. With seaweed I would expect to see lines on face a bit more clearly. Also cirri do not appear to have several branches. I would lean to crested. But not a blenny expert.

How about this one?
M0035596.JPG

Or this one?
M0035597.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom