Wilmington Dive and Weather Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like the coast is clear for flying to Wilmington today, but AA cancelled my return flight on Monday due to Harvey aftermath and rescheduled my flight home to Tuesday (9/5). So, I booked another 2-boat dive trip to Hyde on Monday :D If anyone wants to join me, I think Aquatic Safaris has still a few spots available.

It looks like the coast is clear for flying to Wilmington today, but AA cancelled my return flight on Monday due to Harvey aftermath and rescheduled my flight home to Tuesday (9/5). So, I booked another 2-boat dive trip to Hyde on Monday :D If anyone wants to join me, I think Aquatic Safaris has still a few spots available.

Forecast for the Hyde on Monday is nice and 2 ft seas. Look for School House Reef sea reports on NWS. The Hyde, The Markham, and Schoolhouse Barge are all within a mile or so of each other. Have fun. I hope to get out to the Stone on Sat afternoon. Seas look good. Thunderstorms is the question. Cannot do Monday.

Reactions: Dan
Being NC it can change from day to day, but a buddy dove the Hyde yesterday (Thursday). 80º top to bottom and the vis was the best he'd seen offshore all season - a conservative 40-50'. Hope it holds for you.

Did you dive on Monday? Had some buddies on that trip and they said conditions were good. Seas like glass and decent viz and sand tigers were on wreck.

Did you dive on Monday? Had some buddies on that trip and they said conditions were good. Seas like glass and decent viz and sand tigers were on wreck.

Yes. I went to Gill & Hyde. Awesome dives. Saw sand-tiger sharks (of course), toad fish (for the first time), flounder, mantis shrimp, and many more. I'll post my trip report soon.

Went home today. I just landed in Houston.

IMG_6298.JPG

Glad you had good dives. Looks like the ASII heading out to a double dip on the Hyde. Nice seas.

Dang. We were going to try again this coming weekend. Frying Pan Tower and the Greg Mickey. Got blown out again.

So, here's how you decide whether you're going to be able to dive offshore on any given weekend. Email me to see if I have offshore dives for that weekend and where. If I have dive planned for the same location you're planning to dive, go ahead and reschedule because it isn't going to happen.

Nice video and pictures and write up. Gill is one of my NC favorites. The room on the stern of the Hyde where you shot the video is always interesting. Lots of critters on the floor if you can take your eyes off the big guys. I also prefer the AS I over the AS II. The sea bass picture is a black sea bass.

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom