JUP Rpt Oct 13 - Friday the 13th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Superstitious ? As a spearo diver,, Damm right I am !!! Didn't help that NOAA & the EURO models had opposing wind direction forecasts. Exited the JUP inlet on the Jupiter Dive Center R4 with Capt Brad, to west winds and calm seas. Ran out to 85 deep. Viz was 60 ft, water 81°, and current slow at 1 knot. But we got rained on most of the trip.

Plenty of bugs on the boat and not hard to find 6 of them. Call your favorite dive boat before the rough seas return next week.

Jup-13Oct2023.jpg

Nice job! I was hoping to get out this weekend but caught a cold on Wednesday. Conditions look great too.

Question, why do you put your LF on a stringer? Do you do that underwater or just on the boat to keep your catch together?

Question, why do you put your LF on a stringer?

I get stung an average of 4 times ayear. 90% of those stings happen topside from being careless handling the lionfish since I don't cut off the spines (wastes too much time u/w). My no-water-drag, full flow lobster bag is lined with a thick faux leather and no spines can get thru. When topside as I take them out of my lobster bag,, I put them on a stringer to orient the spines all in one direction and thru the eyes which is the toughest skull point. The stringer then makes it easy and safe to >> add more LF's, bring them to filet, chop the tails or a photo op. It just keeps your actual hand away from the multiple times each day you'll be grabbing/moving them. The big stringers take up too much room in the cooler. But you can find small 8” stringers at Scubaworks and they take up very little room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom