Wilmington area end of July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyuthefearless , medic13 & DeputyDan, Thanks for the info on your dives. I am guesssing you all wore 3mm wet suites? Do you know what the bottom temp was? I am Nitrox certified, but my son is not at this time. So we will be diving air. Still will be a nice dive I am sure. Thanks for your help and info!
Todd

My computer said 75 degrees. I wore a 3 mil and my core was fine but the hands got a little cold. There was a significant thermocline right at the top of the wreck.

My daughter wears s 5 mil in Bonaire so you can't judge by her!

Well My son and I did our dives on the Hyde and Markham yesterday and had a good time. Water was warm but conditions below 40 feet right at the top of the wreck were cold and very low vis. Also a current once you dropped below the 40 feet too. So we just hung around the 40 foot mark and watched all the fish and sharks! He was loving the sharks! And we also saw a few large sting wrays on the Markham. I got some good video and when I get home and edit it i will post a link.

I finally got the video edited and up loaded. This is my Second time using my DIY Video housing and it worked great. The video is in two parts. It was from our trip August 11, 18 miles off the coast of Wilmington, NC. My son loved the Sand Tiger sharks. I have to say it was one of my best dives too! Hope you all enjoy!

Diving with Sand Tiger Sharks Part 1 Hyde

Diving with Sand Tiger Sharks Part 2 Markham

We dove with Aquatic Safaris out of Wilmington, NC, and I would highly recomend them. Hope to dive with them again next year!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom