Wilmington area end of July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know how your dives go. I just booked a trip with Aquatic Safaris on Aug 11th to go to the Hyde and Markham. My son has been wanting to see some sharks, so it sounds like we will have a good chance to see them on these 2 wrecks. And can you post your bottom temp and vis. Thanks
Have a great dive!
Todd

ok we went to Hyde dove two dives , visibility was 40-50 feet some current , dive excellent , seas 2-4 occasional 5 , everyone had safe and good dive , sand tiger there along with two bull sharks never bother anyone . temps great , went out with cape fear dive center excellent operation as always .

TSwain
I agree with medic 13. It was a good dive. Cape Fear runs a good operation. I felt very safe with the crew. They did an excellent job. They were very helpful and friendly.
I do want to note ,so you can be aware that you do have to pay for parking at the dock. It is $7 for the day. And tanks are an additional $10 each in addition to the dive trip. Not a big deal but nice to know.
The sharks did not bother us at all. It was exciting to see them. We also got to see a nice size ray. There were a lot of jellys so be on the lookout!!!
Hope this helps.

I was on this boat if you went out on the 26th.
First dive trip with Cape Fear Divers.
Their DM's were older and better than most places I have dove.
Was an overall good experience.

BTY:

For those considering this dive - it's one of the few times I have ran out of "table" before I was low on air for both dives!

Didn't do Nitrox and should have!

kyuthefearless , medic13 & DeputyDan, Thanks for the info on your dives. I am guesssing you all wore 3mm wet suites? Do you know what the bottom temp was? I am Nitrox certified, but my son is not at this time. So we will be diving air. Still will be a nice dive I am sure. Thanks for your help and info!
Todd

TSwain,
My Husband and I both wore 3mm suites. I am not sure of the temp. Maybe someone else knows. I personally was fine on the first dive. On the second dive I started getting a little cool after about 30 minutes. We both dove with regular air. Both dives were about 45 mins long. We went to about the 50-60ft depth on each with no problems. We were able to see plenty of sea life and the first deck of the wreck.

temps was 75 to 84 yes most wore 3 mm suit that was the 24th and 25th

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom