Wilmington area end of July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyuthefearless

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My buddy and I would like to check out diving in the Wilmington area.We are both OW certified. The only diving in NC we have done before was the Indra with Olympus. It was nice but we thought we would try out something in Wilmington this time.
I am looking for suggestions on the best charter to use. I also would like to know what kind of conditions to expect, like Viz. and Water Temp.

Thanks for your help.

Aquatic Safaris is a good operation. Their website have a charter list that shows the number of open spaces, I'd book as soon as possible as they fill up quickly especially on weekends. This time of year temps likely mid 70s, viz variable but I've seen it anywhere from 30 to 60 feet.

Last edited:
Love cape fear divers. Their 50' dive boat is tops, and as I like three dive shops here in wilmington alot, ive gotta say the guys at cape fear go out of their way to help out, and theyve never met a stranger , treat ya like a friend from way back. Thats what keeps people coming back to em.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked them up last night. They do not have a scheduled charter for the day I will be there so I guess I will have to contact them to see how much it will cost.

call them you be surprised they go out just about every day the three shops in that area are all good cape fear and Aquatic Safaris , both good , my favorite is cape fear.

Thanks for the information. I called Cape Fear and they are scheduling a Shark Dive to the Hyde. We are not thrilled about sharks. Can someone tell me are these aggressive sharks? What precautions can we take?

they are sand tigers wont bother you at all , they just gracefully swim around , what days you going , I may join you.

Last edited by a moderator:
sharks4.jpg

Thanks that makes me feel better. And thank you for the pics.
We plan to dive the 24th of this month.

Back
Top Bottom