Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
In the Crystal River area....?

I did a few snorkel dives with my daughters family with Bird's there in June 2004. I remember the Skipper telling me that they never get hit by hurricanes. That was just a couple of months before one took a track similar to Wilma's projections with severe damages south of Tampa I think?

Ummm...that would have been Charley, yes we all have fond memories of Charley.
Wanna start a pool on where this one makes landfall? My bet is for the Charlotte Harbor area...again. Sheesh, we're not all cleaned up from Charley yet. Just pray for the cool Gulf water to take the steam out of this monster.

DandyDon:
Wasn't for the Atomic Bomb drills of the 1950s? Another worthless, feel-good program, like TSA.

yup....

or its for protecting yourself from volcanic lava flows if you happen to watch south park...

::..singing..::
Oh give me a home where the Hurricanes roam,
And the tree's don't need to be pruned every other day...
Where often is heard, that encouraging word,
That another storm is headed our way...

Home, home, we're deranged!
To want to live in this place...
Where often is heard, that encouraging word,
That another storm is headed our way...

Oh give me a wind,
That will blow my door in,
Then swiftly blow my roof away!
We'll meet in the hall
Then after it all,
look for FEMA in my drive way!

(Chorus)

lamont:
yup....

or its for protecting yourself from volcanic lava flows if you happen to watch south park...
Southpark? You're talking TV again, aren't you. I gotta' squeeze my prohibition in my Sig, if I can do it without violating TOS again.

We are currently in Bonita Springs (trying to get some golf in during the day)... We drove up to Ft Myers for dinner this evening, and passed SEVERAL gas stations that are ALREADY OUT OF GAS!

Holy cow! We needed gas for our car, and waited 20 minutes to get gas, and the guy in front of us filled 3 extra gas cans as well... I was like "dude... take it easy on the gas, save some to go around"

oh.. BTW... Don - Southpark... it's the next town over (sort of) from where I live in Colorado... It's almost as weird as the cartoon.

Sorry Don, but we can't run for the hills here. We haven't got any!

dkramer:

There is the garbage dump off of sample road... The highest point in Florida.

dkramer:
Colorado is nice this time of year - early snow and all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom