Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Where are they...?

Central Florida....

Just got a call from the shop advising the possibility of a cancellation....they would decide tomorrow. Checking into going the following weekend as well.

Esteban:
Central Florida....

Just got a call from the shop advising the possibility of a cancellation....they would decide tomorrow. Checking into going the following weekend as well.
In the Crystal River area....?
Scuba dive in the crystal clear, spring-fed waters of the Rainbow River! Discover fossils in the King Spring! Explore the depths of the Blue Grotto! Obtain your basic scuba certification, or take one of our advanced diving courses! Kayak around the pristine islands of the Kings Bay National Wildlife Refuge! These are just a few of the experiences you can expect on a vacation with Bird's Underwater!
I did a few snorkel dives with my daughters family with Bird's there in June 2004. I remember the Skipper telling me that they never get hit by hurricanes. That was just a couple of months before one took a track similar to Wilma's projections with severe damages south of Tampa I think?

The traffic should be light going south this weekend, as the big rush will be probably to head north. I think it would be foolish to head south along Florida's gulf coast this weekend, but then I am a Chicken Little about driving into harms way. I grew up ignoring tornadoes - these things are a little bigger.

Yup, Wilma is an absolute bruiser of a hurricane.
Absolutely blew up overnight, I'm really concerned for those in Central America, Cozumel, Cancun, the Yucatan Penisula et cetera.
Remember Hurricane Mitch killed 11,000 in central america, due mainly to mudslides and flooding.

Thankfully though it doesn't seem like it'll dump the same volume of rain on them.

dlndavid:
Looks like this year's season is going long. Time for another "batten down the hatches"
No, no, no - the trendy word is hunker down, lol! Remember?

Missdirected:
No, no, no - the trendy word is hunker down, lol! Remember?
How about Run for the hills....!! :11:

lamont:
Duck and Cover.
Wasn't for the Atomic Bomb drills of the 1950s? Another worthless, feel-good program, like TSA.

Well, it seems like no matter which model I look at for Hurricane Wilma, it's all pointed to Ft Myers. I really hope the storm loses some of the power before coming ashore... on the flip side, I've got gas for the lil tractor, the come-a-long has been oiled, the chainsaw has spare blades.. my other cutting tools have new edges... Team Bulla, Inc 'Your lawn and landscaping All Stars!' is ready for business after the storm passes to do clean-up!

Back
Top Bottom