Will there be diving in the Philippines this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm watching this very carefully now as my mid june flight to bali is via manila with a 4 day transit in manila...there is confusion as to whether i can refund/move my flight if the first leg flies, but the second leg doesn't due to bali being on lockdown...

the initial response was 'you would have to take the toronto to manila flight and if the bali flight was cancelled when you are in manila you would get a refund for that...'

So they're basically telling you that we're going to get you stranded and then you'll have no option but to pay out the wazoo for an immediate ticket to the same, or another destination? What lovely customer service....:rolleyes:

Definitely keep us posted...

Early June flight is available to me through Korean air with my ITN flight protection. Now I'm nailing down the procedures(many) involved to disembark at NAIA.

And the availability of transportation around Manila. Duterte's policy can change at a moment's notice. No intention of leaving the confines of metro Manila on this trip

And the availability of transportation around Manila. Duterte's policy can change at a moment's notice. No intention of leaving the confines of metro Manila on this trip

A smart thing to do.
Enjoy your stay in the capital.
A quick day trip to dive the wrecks in Subic if permitted.

Too early to go.....

Dear Mr. Sxxxxx

May we note only Filipino citizen travelling with their foreign spouse and children are allowed entry to the Philippines, provided they show proof of their affiliation.

The lifting of this travel restriction to foreign nationals has not be lifted. We suggest that you reschedule your travel to the Philippines once these restrictions for foreign nationals are lifted.

Thank you.
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 11:50 AM
To: Assistance to Nationals
Subject: Travel information

Hello, what is the procedure for a US passport holder disembarking an international flight from San Francisco to Ninoy Aquino airport Manila?

Traveling from the US and disembarking Manila airport June 7 2020

Is there a 2 to 5 day quarantine on arrival?

Passenger would not travel outside metro Manila for a period of 18 days until departure.

Thank You Sxxxxxx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Holy cow, that was a quick response to your email ! :)

who are these people? I need to ask them about arriving on the 13th June!

tnx.

Too early to go.....

Dear Mr. Sxxxxx

May we note only Filipino citizen travelling with their foreign spouse and children are allowed entry to the Philippines, provided they show proof of their affiliation.

The lifting of this travel restriction to foreign nationals has not be lifted. We suggest that you reschedule your travel to the Philippines once these restrictions for foreign nationals are lifted.

Thank you.

Sounds like it's time to seal the deal so you can travel :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom