Will there be diving in the Philippines this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My trip to the Philippines will not be restricted to diving availability. I just need to get to Manila.

Airlines pre-paid and ready to book when restrictions ease. I have a place to stay in Manila.

Diving would be icing on the cake. Do be cautious if you are a foreigner traveling alone. My wife is Filipina and fluency in Tagalog is a game changer.

Diving would be icing on the cake. Do be cautious if you are a foreigner traveling alone. My wife is Filipina and fluency in Tagalog is a game changer.

I'm truly happy for you, I wish that you get to return soon. It's always nice when you're asawa speaks tagalog, but it's even better when you learn to speak it also.... trust me :wink:

Anyways, your message is well timed, in that (I'm not sure if it applies for you or not but,) I just came across this article:

All arriving Filipinos and foreigners to undergo mandatory testing, quarantine

Hmm, so long as you come up as negative, that's probably the cheapest way for Americans to get tested. Return airfare is only around $600.

I'm a student of Tagalog for many years now. I learn new words araw-araw.

A good phrase to know is Pa paano mo sabihin sa Tagalog and Pa paano mo sabihin sa Ingles.

It makes for easy translation. :D

I'm truly happy for you, I wish that you get to return soon. It's always nice when you're asawa speaks tagalog, but it's even better when you learn to speak it also.... trust me :wink:

Anyways, your message is well timed, in that (I'm not sure if it applies for you or not but,) I just came across this article:

All arriving Filipinos and foreigners to undergo mandatory testing, quarantine

I'm a student of Tagalog for many years now. I learn new words araw-araw.

A good phrase to know is Pa paano mo sabihin sa Tagalog and Pa paano mo sabihin sa Ingles.

It makes for easy translation. :D

Hahaha, nice! Nagsasalita ako ang Tagalog din po :D

But back to the topic at hand, I sincerely hope that things start to look up here in managing the current Covid situation... The reality is, the Philippines will not fare very well if tourism is not allowed to resume (sooner rather than later). So many communities, and in some cases, entire islands, have become completely dependent on tourism of various forms. I'm no economist, but IMO, if travel/tourism industries are not allowed to operate, in at least some capacity, by the beginning of Q3, it could really spell disaster for the people and the future of the tourism industry for a long time to come.....

Even beyond tourism, the Philippines is a "service" oriented economy, and the same principals still apply. I think there is a (possible) major opportunity come up soon, and that is trying to attract and scoop up businesses fleeing "that big country on the mainland"...

But alas, only time will tell. Hopefully we will be able to resume diving and dive-tourism in the coming months, again, hopefully sooner rather than later....

Korean air flying SFO to MNL early June. Looking into my airline credited flight now.

That would be a non-diving time frame. But I want to be there if restrictions allow it.

i'm watching this very carefully now as my mid june flight to bali is via manila with a 4 day transit in manila...there is confusion as to whether i can refund/move my flight if the first leg flies, but the second leg doesn't due to bali being on lockdown...

the initial response was 'you would have to take the toronto to manila flight and if the bali flight was cancelled when you are in manila you would get a refund for that...'

Back
Top Bottom