Will there be diving in the Philippines this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So let me get this straight... If you deposit $10,000 in a RoP bank and can show a steady income of $1,000 per month then we can retire in the Philippines?

Essentially, yes, as long as a person meets the requirements. The reality is, they want the foreign money coming into the local economy. The following is from Philippine Retirement Authority, pra. gov.ph

"For active/healthy retirees, who opt to use their SRR Visa deposit into active investment such as the purchase of condominium unit* or long term lease of house & lot. The SRR Visa deposit is as follows:

50 years old & above: US$ 10,000.00 (with a pension)** US$ 20,000.00 (without pension) 35 to 49 years old: US$ 50,000.00 *The value of the property must at least be US$50,000.00 **Required pension of at least US$ 800 for single / US$1,000 for couple"

Essentially, yes, as long as a person meets the requirements. The reality is, they want the foreign money coming into the local economy. The following is from Philippine Retirement Authority, pra. gov.ph

"For active/healthy retirees, who opt to use their SRR Visa deposit into active investment such as the purchase of condominium unit* or long term lease of house & lot. The SRR Visa deposit is as follows:

50 years old & above: US$ 10,000.00 (with a pension)** US$ 20,000.00 (without pension) 35 to 49 years old: US$ 50,000.00 *The value of the property must at least be US$50,000.00 **Required pension of at least US$ 800 for single / US$1,000 for couple"

well, since i had too many kids with too many wives I will be retiring on social security and my good looks, this is def going down on my list of options. I don't suppose Duterte will legalize pot, though so that might be an issue.

My dive shop has secured travel to the Philippines in November. I will ask how they have been able to do what sounds like the impossible

Did you ever find out if they actually are going in November? We had a March trip reschedulled to November also but it doesn't look like it's likely at this time.

The dive trip is still scheduled however only dive professionals will be going if the situation has not changed. The only ones going for sure are those eligible for a work visa as dive professionals if the travel restrictions remain in place.

I am not a dive professional so I'm stuck on this side of the pond until travel is permitted. I could qualify as a guide if I take one more SSI cert. And go pro as well as pay for insurance.

Did you ever find out if they actually are going in November? We had a March trip reschedulled to November also but it doesn't look like it's likely at this time.

Reactions: EdC
So let me get this straight... If you deposit $10,000 in a RoP bank and can show a steady income of $1,000 per month then we can retire in the Philippines?

Yes, you need to be age 50 for that but if you are talking about retirement I am assuming you are at least 50.

Fees are $360 per year after first year you can pay 3 years at a time. More or less the same as tourist visa renewals but only annually or every 3 years instead of every 2 or 6 months.

The SRRV lets you live her indefinitely, come and go as you wish (pre and post covid ), open bank accounts, lease property, get a local river license plus some other benefits. After paying fees, you need no more dealings with the bureaucracy. To get mine initially it tok about 5 hours, my first renewal took an hour, that is 6 hours dealing with the bureaucracy for 4 years living here.

Check out the PRA web site and if you want additional details and some hints, just PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom