Widest field of view mask? No borders to see.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any masks out there that offer a super wide field of view? I don't like seeing the edges of the mask while I'm underwater and was hoping to find a mask that actually feels like I'm not even looking through a mask.

Latex. Rubber. Plastic bag?
Omer or Picasso low profile freediving masks?

Atomic frameless. Barely know its there.

Atomic frameless. Barely know its there.
+1

The only problem I had was kicking myself for use cheapo mask for such a long time before the atomic.

I recently took a freediving course and one of the instructors wore an AquaLung Sphera. He said it takes a day or so to get used to the distortion but it does have a wide view. He chose it more for low volume than peripheral vision though. It is one of the few low volume two-lens masks that fit me, but I didn’t get in the water with it.

Sphera Mask

I'll definitely check out the HydroOptix. Just hope the skirt fits my flat Asian face. Tried the Atomics today and they just don't fit. Saw plenty of skirt too. Tried the Oceanic Shadow and it fit well, but still saw skirt, although I guess it's not bad.

Can anyone really attest that if you are 20/20 it really is worth wearing the contacts to make you nearsighted to use these?

They're really that much different & amazing?

Coming from someone who has perfect vision & never worn contacts... its not something that would be my first choice - unless it completely blows your mind.

Too bad Atomic doesnt offer their Frameless mask with the ARC like they do the subframe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom