Wideband Catheter - Holy Crap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: Wrong like a midieval orthopedic pervert device........mmmm, I think I'll get one.

Thats exactly what I was thinking!! Throw in some chains and whips and well you get the point:rofl3:

Two items I have to add, seeing as I have "been there done that"
1) it always feels like I am peeing in my suit when I use the p- valve, to the point I don;t use it any more.
2) I too tried to "do it in the parking lot" Problem was it was WAY cold outside, and the rest rooms were un heated, I was cold,and I was nervous, so as they would say on Sienfield, I had "shrinkage", to the point I couldn't even get the darned thing to roll on. I finally gave up and dove "bareback".
Good thing no ones was around to see one of my lowest moments a guy can have.
Then the p valve leaked backwards dirong the dive, and I still ended up cold and wet, but lucky for me it was only salt water. I was wondering all through the dive, why my Right leg was so cold, compared to the Left leg.
I have since installed a check valve to prevent this issue from occuring again.

I just don't understand these marketing guys. Why do they have a "small"? Don't they know the smallest size should be called large, then extra-large, then big-daddy, then upwards from there?

:) (I guess there has to be a clown on everythread...)

oh, on real condom caths (like in a hospital) they *don't* have small.

the sizing cards are like a 3x5 with half circles cut out around the edges for sizing purposes. they are labeled 'average', 'large', and 'extra-large'...

Well, guys and gals, and Jennifer :D, I almost wasted a perfectly good Sam Adam's several times while reading this thread. All I have to say is that I don't think I will be getting a p-valve. And if I do I will be like most Chihuahua's...HAIRLESS!!

AlmightyWife, you remind me of my wife... I went diving Wed night and my wife tagged along for the first time. We were getting ready in the parking lot and she noticed me grabbing a catheter and try to stand in the corner of an open door of my van so no on e would notice what I was doing. "Ooh can I watch?" "No, you've seen it before" as she walks closer trying to look over my shoulder "yeah but I've never seen you put one of those one..." What I think is really funny is she refers to my SMB as a "water weenie" and now my catheters are "weenie protectors"

Here's two tips that I've found reduce the pain.
1) Don't trim the hair back, shave. Get a substantial clear cut area.
2) After the cath is rolled down to where it belongs dust the remaining exposed adhesive and skin with baby powder. This will prevent any additional adhesion after instalation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom