Wide foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akumaet

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone out there having trouble finding a dive boot for wide feet. I wear a size 11 W and cannot find a dive boot to fit comfortably on my foot I was thinking of going with some converse but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Soft soles tend to mould and fit. If you walk a lot they break in. They stretch when wet, not any good of course if you have a firm sole smaller than your foot, like bigger folk sitting on smaller chairs. When they start to fall apart they fit but not for long so I use a rubber compound to make it long. Sometimes I wear neoprene yachting boots, same bootie but they say yachting.
Try many pairs
Fin fit will be an issue.
I can't give brands they are all different but the same with nuances.

I don't think I have a wide foot but had an issue with the sides oif other boots bothering me. I went with "High Tide" and the boot is great very comfortable.

Boots

I wear an 11.5 4E tennis shoe. For diving I wear Tusa Imprex low cut boots size 11 with no problems.
These: TUSA LOW CUT IMPREX BOOT

Anyone out there having trouble finding a dive boot for wide feet. I wear a size 11 W and cannot find a dive boot to fit comfortably on my foot I was thinking of going with some converse but any recommendations would be appreciated.

I have a wide foot but in size 9.5
I also bunions on both feet.

I wear SeaSoft boots.
They have a hard sole and arch support.

I wear these for warm water diving.

SeaSoft Scuba Products

I wear these for cold water diving

SeaSoft Scuba Products

I also have a wide foot and like the Deep See EchoZip.
Another thing to consider... a 3mm boot will have more "give" than a 5 mm

Thanks for all the replies my first pair were pinnacle in 11 and they just made my foot cramp from squeezing it then I tried a pair of 3mil evo which are alot less stiff but its like my foot overfills the boot and still just doesn’t feel comfy lol. I think I may try and go with some chucks this weekend and see if they work any better. I really want to find something that has some support and fits well.

Look into the High Tide's I posted earlier they are a great boot. Can't see it rfom photo;s but it zippered on other side.

ProBootsPic1-416x283.jpg

11.5EEE here.

I prefer the thicker tennis shoe soles for hiking and walking over rocks. I have worn a larger size Oceanic Neo Classic, but they were a little long.

I went to 3 different shops and tried on boots. I had to make the decision not to get a thick sole bootie. Instead I went with a bootie that fit well. I now use a softer sole that fits better. O'Neill FX-7.

Now I wear hiking boots and leave them on the shore in a plastic bag with my name, telephone number and a sign "Please do not take. I am in the water."

The softer sole is more comfortable in the water. And the hiking boots are better for hiking and walking over rocks.

I really like my Henderson Insta-dry boots. I am a female and wear size 8 D pr 8 W women's shoes. In New Balance sneakersk I wear a quad-E. What is even better, the boots dry really fast and never get to stinking.

Back
Top Bottom