Wide foot snorkel fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

debbbb1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,Can anyone recommend a snorkel fins for a wide foot.My husband has a size 12 ee foot. I have seen the ads for the Tilos wide foot but its a short fin and I dont think it would give much power for our hours spent in the water snorkeling (my husband is 6'5,so I think he's need a longer fin?). He is using a pair of Aqua glides which are fine if he only wears bootie socks.He however wants to wear a thin sole boot as we have to walk over lots of rocks getting into the water.
Are there any wider snorkel fins?? Any help would be much appreciated !
Thanks,Deb

Hi,Can anyone recommend a snorkel fins for a wide foot. Are there any wider snorkel fins?? Any help would be much appreciated !
Thanks,Deb

I have wide feet and I find Mexican-made Escualo Clasica fins offer the necessary breadth and height in the foot pockets. However, they aren't always easy to get hold of.

Here's how the Russians get round the problem of broad feet with full-foot fins:
gallery__153_139876.jpg
These fins come already fitted with eyelets and laces, but some freedivers cut down the centre of the tops of their foot pockets, insert eyelets on either side and add laces.

There are, of course, other workarounds, such as open-heel fins, but as I snorkel exclusively with full-foots, I can't offer advice about heelstrap fins.

Thanks David, Have to say I have never seen fins that lace up ! Hoping to find fins with straps so a light weight boot could be worn in them.

I recently switched to an Oceanic Viper fin to accommodate a larger hard soled boot. Even with the larger boot I still have room (both width and height) to spare.

Do you have to viper fins with the straps or full foot? Do you think they would be too long for snorkeling? Thanks Koozemani for the feedback !!!

I wear an 11 2e-4e depending on the shoe. I'm diving the Mares X-tream XL fins with a thin soled boot with plenty of room left in the foot pocket.

---------- Post Merged at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:41 PM ----------

http://www.mares.com/products/fins/open-heel/x-stream/241/?region=as

Do you have to viper fins with the straps or full foot? Do you think they would be too long for snorkeling? Thanks Koozemani for the feedback !!!

Open heel (strap). I have no idea what length would be ideal for snorkelling. They are on the long side.

These fins can be made to fit nearly any size foot. I use them for diving, but found them very comfortable for snorkeling. You can even use them barefoot or with sandals:

EZ Travel Finz - Masks-Fins-Snorkels - Zeagle Dive Systems

I have mentioned these fins in two recent threads. I have no promotional interest in Zeagle, these things just worked for me.

Gert7to3..those EZ travel fins look perfect.I love the adjustable straps.His wide foot would fit for sure!! I have a odd question.Are you very tall? My husband is 6'5 .I'm wondering if these would be too light/soft to push his tall frame through the water? We do some serious snorkeling :) I'm gonna do some more reading on those..thank you so much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom