Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avatar is really for my Dive NY buddies to recognize me at dive sites when I first started diving local. Otherwise how would my buddies and I find each other if we're meeting for the first time? I also tell them to look for the confused Asian chick....and it actually works.:rofl3:

I've been approached by SBers, I don't know, at dive shops and at resorts when I travel to FL and Mexico because they recognize my avatar.

It's about ScubaBoard, not me.

It was also about your protest, which kind of makes it about you. But ok, if you insist.

Otherwise how would my buddies and I find each other if we're meeting for the first time?

Cell phones work surprisingly well. :)

Where I like to dive...

Cell phones work surprisingly well. :)

Yes, wise guy, we do use that too, but if I'm gearing up or getting dressed the cell phone is not always near or out.

Cave Diver:
It was also about your protest, which kind of makes it about you. But ok, if you insist.

Point well taken. Actually, I've never posted an avatar on ScubaBoard. Pete added it. It wasn't worth the effort to take it off and now I like it.

I leave my Christmas decorations up all year

I just wanted everyone to see my smiling face ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom