Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know borg scare the crap outa me. I didn't know they were divers until I found SB.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started, you know.

DC

Mine is a picture of when I made my 300th dive with none other than the DiveMaster of the year, Kevin Metz of Underwater Explorers. It depicts my cabana boys doting on me after the dive.

I hope it conveys that diving is a lot of fun and has fun people to enjoy it with.

All I know is Bruce would make more money playing me than I would playing him...

Mine was placed up as a joke by an old team member and every time I see it, a smile comes to mind.

mine's my son. he was very very premature, and *lots* of sb-ers were a lifeline for my slender sanity at the time, so i thought they might want a recent pic. feel free to read his thread - 'jameson karst edwards'...

Mine says "DIR" STROKE about to DIE of a flashlight entanglement hazard at 110' (10' below GUE limits of 32%, I was actually diving 28% but don't tell anyone....)
image.php

I was reluctant to to add an avatar for a long time. I finally added the one I have now after a buddy sent me an UW picture taken of me in Fiji. No message is intended.

I mix up my avatar pic.
At the current time, it shows some redneck types that sort of remind me of some very distant family members back in the Ark-La-Tex area of Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas where I am from.
I posted it recently after suggesting that the members of the Florida Conch Forum should adopt the uniform of always diving in cutoffs and tee shirts for the guys, cutoffs and tube tops for the girls.
No takers so far, but it is really cold right now.
Chug
Likes to have fun.

In 2+ years, I have only had 2 avatars, both were pics of me on really fun trips. Current one is on U352, previous one, still in my profile is my first St Lawrence trip, all smiles and posing for the camera, a statistical anomaly :D

I call BS. I remember what yours is for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom