Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't have UW camera when I began diving, and had very limited photos to choose for avatar. Yet, I wanted something dive-related and preferably of me-myself-and-I diving. The selection of surface photos was pretty lousy for long time but I liked this one and have been too lazy to update. I don't think it even shows but I am holding my hand on my reg in a way that looks like someone just pulled me into the water from my face.

Yet, the only comments I have gotten from the avatar are DIR-aggressive... in the league of "are you one of those DIR-crazies - with the jets in your avatar and all...?"

What does it say about me - probably nothing much....

Because I'm reading the post by TS&M and many have said they were put off by the Borg Queen in her avatar.

I don't know about the picture of the Borg Queen putting me off. But that picture on her profile page of her vomiting (?) in a river certainly had me wondering. Plus her husband is a lawyer. You can't trust lawyers.

My Avatar is just the only pic that I have of myself underwater.

After this has been beaten to death, we have to do a split off for Usernames. I am still dying to hear where ONESPEED got his from, but last time that topic came up he was serving a ban.

Plus her husband is a lawyer. You can't trust lawyers.

My Avatar is just the only pic that I have of myself underwater.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Good one Rhone Man You should know:D

Mine is a picture I took while on a recent trip to Roatan. It is one of a limited quantity of decent pictures I got. I like to change mine and keep something kind of recent. What does it say about me? Don't know, I just thought someone might notice an comment. Does that say anything about me? Is the avatar supposed to say something about me? Did I choose my avatar for some subconscious reason? What should it say about me? Should I be looking at others avatar's to see what they say about them? What would Freud be able to get from somebodies avatar?..................

Hopefully, mine says that I still have an affinity for the TV shows I loved watching as a kid. I also considered using Gumby or Daffy Duck as avatars too. The Davey & Goliath pic won out. It also gave me a bit of anonymity I wanted when I first joined SB. Since then, I've befriended a few SBer's on Facebook, so some of that anonymity is gone... much to their chagrin.:lam:

Some people might read some religious connotations into it, but that would be false. I'm not a Mormon, and I rarely go to church anymore.:sadangel:

Back
Top Bottom