Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think mine says I sail, but then again maybe it just says some one else sails. I used to have a spinning ying and yang symbol, it meant that all things in life are temporary and come back to the one. not sure what any of this says about me or what I want it to mean. Dive not Dive there is no try?

And what message do you want to convey with it? Mine is the logo of my business. I hope to convey some sort of professional demeanor, and look like I am in business. Those that know the Spree know my distinctive avatar. What point do you want to get across with yours, especially if it isn't your photo?

Only to answer the oft-asked-question ... "What is a Green Manelishi?"

I'm a killer. Fish, lobster, harp seals...whatever I find.

BettyRubble is my mischief moniker . . . I use it when I want to be incognito or when some guy decides to hit on me and I really, really don't want to give him my real name!

Avatar is really for my Dive NY buddies to recognize me at dive sites when I first started diving local. Otherwise how would my buddies and I find each other if we're meeting for the first time? I also tell them to look for the confused Asian chick....and it actually works.:rofl3:

I've been approached by SBers, I don't know, at dive shops and at resorts when I travel to FL and Mexico because they recognize my avatar.

That's true....I didn't have a problem spotting you the first time! :D

My avatar is just a good memory - a day off scuba gazing at my beloved tropical ocean from the shore of Lombok Indonesa. A friend added the santa hat - I've just been too lazy to take it off. Not sure it says much :).

My profile shot was taken by Clinton who is a great photographer. It's the first day I did a local boat dive and saw the amazing cold water hydrocoral in Monterey & fell in love with local diving and divers.

... what I like to drink

Only to answer the oft-asked-question ... "What is a Green Manelishi?"

And we still don't know what a green manelishi is.

Mine shows that I'm ready to duck and cover at a moments notice which can be useful around here at times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom