Why use a double hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The chest mounted second stage was more about theatrics than function. was going for the innerspaceman look of the future.

Not actually. there are a lot of pics of JYC with him diving a front mounted DH without all the fiberglass. Nothing "futuristic" about that set up.

JYC-2.jpg

JYC-1.jpg

Not actually. there are a lot of pics of JYC with him diving a front mounted DH without all the fiberglass. Nothing "futuristic" about that set up.

View attachment 582465

View attachment 582466

How does that work? Is there a HP hose running from the scuba cylinder around to that reg? If so, how does that HP hose connect to the tank? The HP hose has a block on the end that looks like what use nowadays as an A clamp fill whip?

How does that work? Is there a HP hose running from the scuba cylinder around to that reg? If so, how does that HP hose connect to the tank? The HP hose has a block on the end that looks like what use nowadays as an A clamp fill whip?

Is that a single hose 1st stage on the tank? There looks like some kind of fitting and pipe mounted on the dbl hose can but it's on the exhaust side of the can?!? EDIT Second look the exhaust side is to his chest.

Could be publicity pic. or even jokes pic? No offence to the poster meant.

Futuristic needs to be taken in the context of time at that time that rig may have looked "futuristic".
Look at the guy checking out the rig to the right of JYC in the 2nd picture and the amused look on JYC face.

If you look at the picture you’ll see a standard first on the tank, a LP hose runs to the hooka port and the DH acts like a cumbersome second stage, it does breath much better in front...

If you look at the picture you’ll see a standard first on the tank, a LP hose runs to the hooka port and the DH acts like a cumbersome second stage, it does breath much better in front...

Maybe my eyesight just isn't good enough, but I can't see it. I only see one cylinder and it is inverted, so I assume the tank valve is at the bottom. Or is that cylinder something else?

I mean, I do see what looks like a modern 1st stage up there behind his head. But, I can't tell what it's connected to or how it's used.

I'm sure it does but the exhaust bubbles must be annoying? The exhaust is right under is chin.
Interesting setup however and I can see how it work well but again the bubbles.

I mean, I do see what looks like a modern 1st stage up there behind his head. But, I can't tell what it's connected to or how it's used.

Look at the bottom of the dbl hose housing in the 1st picture there is a fitting attached to the hooka port as @lexvil posted
it must run under his arm and is just not visible in the pics?

Look at the first pic

Look at the bottom of the dbl hose housing in the 1st picture there is a fitting attached to the hooka port as @lexvil posted
it must run under his arm and is just not visible in the pics?
If you’re not pretty flat it would be but when your as old as he was being able to breath probably seemed a tad more important.

Back
Top Bottom