Why the SPG is clipped to the hip ring.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot, you guys have an equipment solution to having too many things to clip back there.

at the hip it's just a bolt snap and a length of rope. you can easily push the bottles out of the way. it's way more cluttered at the chest D ring.

I wouldn't dive in a cave and it shouldn't matter, a DIR gear setup should be applicable to all environments.

M_Bipartitus, Im curious your profile says you are PADI AOW, are you even doing stage dives, much less multiple stage dives?

I would say that hip ring is more clean than the chest as it does not have all the 1st stages and SPGs hanging around there. So technically you only have bolt snaps and lines coming there.

Just like you I do not by into the other points, streamlined ? I think it's not streamlined more than on the shoulder ring. Entanglement - yeah vales would be more dangerous in that matter.

I don't see how it's relevant to the discussion, but the majority of my dives include stages, though multiple stages are rare.

M_Bipartitus, Im curious your profile says you are PADI AOW, are you even doing stage dives, much less multiple stage dives?

I wish I learned bottle handling, and staged gas diving in AOW. Maybe I wouldn't have felt so ripped off.

I don't see how it's relevant to the discussion, but the majority of my dives include stages, though multiple stages are rare.

If your profile really does accurately state your expirience, I call bull ****! As to how it relates to this discusion, the thread has turned to diving stages and the placement of your spg with you commenting on that aspect. How doesn't it relate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom