Why the Prejudice about DIR or GUE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver:
All this talk about low sac rates seems frivoulous. ....

To me it is simply an indicator of how relaxing the dive was. Relaxing = good :)

jeraldjcook:
Can you explain to me why a long hose back-up it better? I understand it is superior in a cave situation, but if I'm sharing air in OW, I want to be able to hang on to that person so they don't bolt to the surface in a panic. If I have a hold of them, I can dump their air, etc.

Sorry if this is off topic.

When the sharer weighs 300# and has an "Air-2" on a 24' hose? Come to daddy.

I think we need a "Why the longhose is simply better" sticky:popcorn:

firedevil.gif

So I started a "flamer" Hmmmmm not my intent

But I gotta say there was some really great info here along the way.

If I learned anything it was that IT IS THE LONG HOSES FAULT!!!!!!

Nothing seems to get you guys more fizzed up than that.....well except the "spare air" thread

OH! I took a MK25t/600t to my local LDS and I have to say in their defense, they were HAPPY for the deal I got and had no prob understanding why i didn't buy a 1200.00 new one. They were happy in general to do the rebuild for 125.00 with no online bashing!!! In fact they told me to bring my old gear and they would help in reconfiguring stuff and setting the HP to make sure my "extra" gear will work well for another application. For free!

Nothing gets us as fizzed up as the long hose? Have you looked at any of the "Do I need a computer?" or, "Shall I buy a BP/W?" threads? Or have a look at "Why not Fundies?" We can get way worked up about that.

I do think the topics that fall under the broad rubric of DIR are the most inflammatory, though :)

TSandM:
I do think the topics that fall under the broad rubric of DIR are the most inflammatory, though :)

I agree, but the "spare air" contains some of the most UN-thought out logic ive seen so far. IMO

Do i dare ask something like "who is the best agency out there and why?"

HA J/K

Suhweet dreams all!

Back
Top Bottom