Why so quiet ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best place in north Texas was Casa Jose in Arlington. Sadly, it burned down several years back.

Yeah, unfortunately, that has been the demise of several good restaurants in Arlington over the years. :(

Ya'll northerners (BIG grin) really need to make a road trip south. I'm very concerned that you all may have forgotten what good TexMex is. Let's all meet in San Antonio (off the River Walk), have some great TexMex...and plenty of good tequila. Then ya'll will remember what really good TexMex is. The next day you may not remember much about the evening before, but I guarantee you'll have fun while you're there! :wink:

We ate at an awesome mexican restaurant in San Antonio back in 89. We were near the Air Force Base, but I can't remember the name of the restaurant. Seems like it had the word *blue* in it. Anyway, that was by far the BEST mexican food I ever ate. I remember it was kind of dirty, (very dusty) and the waiter couldn't speak much english, but it was SOOOOOOO GOOD!!

Rhonda

I think there's a technical term for that. Starts with a "Y".

You know, I was 18 years old before I knew that DAMN and YANKEE were two different words. :D

Heck, I didn't want to insult anybody by callin' 'em a Yankee...and I didn't want the mod to delete my post because I used inappropriate language. Yankee wasn't a complementary term when I was a kid. :D Besides, I always thought you had to live at least north of the Red River to fit into that category...just kidding Okies. We love you...'cept at the Red River Shootout. :D

Okay,
My thread is now officially incorrectly named. Y'all make me happy :)

k-valve, eatin' Tex-Mex in San Antonio sounds like fun. I will have to look you up the next time I am in the neighborhood.

Texdiveguy, next time you go to Campo Verde, give me a shout. I have never been to Campo Verde. Sounds like fun. I would like to go check it out.

Wow! Thread got really busy while I was at work!

I heard a rumor a couple of years ago that Casa Jose restarted operations at a location on W. Arkansas (Arlington). That information is a couple of years dated now. I don't know if they are still there (or if they ever were for that matter).

Having a Dallas/Ft Worth/Austin happy hour would be awesome!

My schedule will slow down quite a bit starting in February.

Who's in??

Having a Dallas/Ft Worth/Austin happy hour would be awesome!

My schedule will slow down quite a bit starting in February.

Who's in??

I'd do my best to make it!

Broken Bow, just north of highway 3 as you head towards BB lake -- this place is good but not great.

Are you bad-mouthing El Señorial?

Wow! Thread got really busy while I was at work!

Sounds like someone has his priorities misplaced...

I heard a rumor a couple of years ago that Casa Jose restarted operations at a location on W. Arkansas (Arlington). That information is a couple of years dated now. I don't know if they are still there (or if they ever were for that matter).

Actually, I heard that rumor too. It was the daughter that started the new place. I'll have to do some further digging. Rumors always sound more promising when they come from different sources.

Are you bad-mouthing El Señorial?

I am just critiquing. I am glad you remembered the name though.

Sounds like someone has his priorities misplaced...

I will agree with that. I am not happy about the situation. As I always say "Work keeps interfering with my life."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom