Why so quiet ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K-Valve... You MIGHT be right about Mexican Food but if Fat Catz Cajun is open in Terrell it is worth the trip...

Our strategy has been to have a lot of them, sometimes we get a crowd, sometimes it is just a couple of us.
December was a total washout, I haven't heard that anyone made it. Jan. last year was a fair turnout, so hopefully next one will be be a nice group to discuss dive presents and christmas dive trips.
Y'all are always welcome to join us if you're down this way on a second saturday sometime. :)

I know, and that's a great strategy. One of these days, I'm planning on dropping in on you peeps for a session.

Our problem is that the Metroplex is so spread out (over at least six counties or more), it's hard to find a place that is convenient for everyone to get to without having to drive half the afternoon and night back-and-forth. We have restaurants galore, but many of them are way out of the way for a lot of Swampers. Maybe we can find a compromise solution before long.

BTW, the same invitation goes for you guys, if you're ever up here and wanting to either dive, get together or both. :)

I was at CSSP last weekend. I was amazed at the visibility. Viz was mostly 15+ ft and in spots it was 20+ ft. I jumped in the water without my divelight (normally a major mistake in Texas swamp diving); but ambient sunlight was very adequately reaching 49 ft. Again, I was amazed.

I take exception to the Mexican food statement. I have found some wonderful Mexican food places up here in North Texas. Now, I will grant you, once you get north of the Red River, the Mexican food establishments get really bad, really fast. And that's as nice as I can say that.

Chuck, tell me more about Fat Catz Cajun. Where is it in Terrel? Open Saturdays? Sundays? I am curious.

I take exception to the Mexican food statement. I have found some wonderful Mexican food places up here in North Texas. Now, I will grant you, once you get north of the Red River, the Mexican food establishments get really bad, really fast. And that's as nice as I can say that.

You don't even have to get north of the Red River, We haven't found a decent place in the Sherman/Denison area. Please tell me where the good ones are!! I'm still searching for a place that serves GOOD Chile Rellenos. Hot ones, with lots of cheese inside! (NO hamburger, NO rice, and NO raisins.:shakehead:)

Rhonda

Yellowfin,
I did exxagerate just a bit. I will agree with you. I have not found any good Mexican restaurants in Wichita Falls, Muenster, Nocona, Gainesville, Pottsboro, Sherman, Dennison or Paris. What do all of these places have in common? They are all located along the Texas side of the Red River.

What I have found: (which probably doesn't do anybody any good)
Restaurants in Arlington: La Isla del Mariscos and Mercado Juarez.

Up in Oklahoma: Marietta, hwy intersection 77 / 32 -- there is a little Mexican restaurant that is okay. Nothing great; just okay. It's closed on Sundays.

Broken Bow, just north of highway 3 as you head towards BB lake -- this place is good but not great.

Sorry, that's about the best I can do Yellowfin.

There's a little Mexican joint in Ft. Worth on McCart that's pretty dang good, I think it's called Mexico Real. Really good margaritas.

You don't even have to get north of the Red River, We haven't found a decent place in the Sherman/Denison area. Please tell me where the good ones are!! I'm still searching for a place that serves GOOD Chile Rellenos. Hot ones, with lots of cheese inside! (NO hamburger, NO rice, and NO raisins.:shakehead:)

Rhonda

The best chile rellenos I've ever had are at Pancho's Mexican Buffet. We have two of them here in Arlington. I believe On The Border's are pretty good, as well. Can't remember about the ones at El Chico's and El Fenix.

New position at work- actually forming and re-forming a new position, while working. It is taking a lot of time, but I really like it, so my hard work will pay off in the long run, in the form of shorter hours. I get to use my creative side a lot more, and it's actually a lot less stress, too. Ditto the holiday busy folks, too. FooMan competed in Austin a couple weeks ago in the Amateur Organization of Karate State Championships, and took a 1st, 2nd & 3rd. I also have my daughter and her almost-2-year old daughter living in my home- yes, it keeps me very busy being a Mimi. :)

We are, however, planning a Christmas-time trek down to the hill country for some warm 72 degree diving. We will probably stay in San Marcos, dive Aquarena and possibly the Comal, then head to a friend's house in San Antonio for a New Year's celebration. If anyone else is planning to dive Aquarena the week after Christmas, let us know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom