Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 10 days vacation for American workers is often just for fairly new employees. Many companies add a week every 5 years of employment or so.

I'm very fortunate. My boss is willing to give me 52 weeks of vacation a year. The only drawback is that he barely pays me!

awwww, dr. bill :rofl2:

im pretty lucky with my employer now, though. im earning 1.67/month holiday credits...in 5 months' time when i turn 2, they're gonna change it to 1.8/month (5 weeks worth of paid holiday every year!!!! :yeahbaby:)

the only problem is, i spend on the average 1.5 days leave every month. :rofl2:

I get 5 weeks, but have an oral agreement that I can take "as much as I need". That usually works out to less than 5 weeks because I am so indispensable at work, apparently. The good news is that I will be taking my vacations in Southeast Asia in 2008, as I will be relocating to Hong Kong soon. So Phillipines diving is about to be exposed to another North American.

vladimir- there are a lot of reasonably-priced tickets between HK and PI. so, should there be a long weekend you can do away with, give PI a try. the PPD folks here in SB can provide almost every-if not all- info you will ever need.

you can, of course, always drop me a pm. :)

I will, of course, consult the PPD before I do any diving. I am hoping to become an auxiliary member (after I've made enough trips, of course). I will be setting up a new subsidiary company from scratch, pretty much, and expect that to consume most of my time and energy for the first six months or so, but weekends are still fair game. After that, I intend to abuse my vacation allotment.

No, but you're getting my stomach to grumble. mmmmmm,.....fresh grilled banagan....

NO!! Like I tell my guys all the time...."Catch it, eat it once, let it live and bring divers to see it and you will make enough money to eat pork and beef and rice everyday!"

Diba?

Is there diving in the Philippines? I talked to Robert Marx and he had a story about their base being shot up. I've sailed on research ships with lots of Philipinos, ex US navy, they didn't dive, but I've never heard anything about Philippine diving. I've never seen an ad. Is there a travel agency that has an air/hotel/dive package? There is a market in the US but no one seems to be targettiing it.

Scubaboard would be a good place for a travel agency to get in contact with US divers.

PPD'ers - See what I mean.....we are not doing a good of selling our product

DennisS - "Oceanographic tech" and you didn't know we had the best diving in the world!?!? Well, we do. Catch the next thing smoking to Manila and we'll hook you up!!

Is there diving in the Philippines? I talked to Robert Marx and he had a story about their base being shot up. I've sailed on research ships with lots of Philipinos, ex US navy, they didn't dive, but I've never heard anything about Philippine diving. I've never seen an ad. Is there a travel agency that has an air/hotel/dive package? There is a market in the US but no one seems to be targettiing it.

Scubaboard would be a good place for a travel agency to get in contact with US divers.

i will bite.

it is because we like European tourists more. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom