Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is exactly the sort of misinformed viewpoint that I mentioned earlier.

It is like saying don't go to Catalina because there was a shooting in Virginia...

Z...
Actually, it's more like saying you won't dive Catalina because there are a bunch of crappy terrorist hiding out in Phoenix that get into battles with the government and carry off some kidnappings for supplies. (at least if Borocay was where the person was thinking of diving).

This is exactly the sort of misinformed viewpoint that I mentioned earlier.

It is like saying don't go to Catalina because there was a shooting in Virginia...

Z...

Of course this is exactly the kind of nonsense we get from our fear-mongering government here. Remember, these are the guys that told us Hussein had WMD and intimated Iraq was responsible for 9-11. However, I should add in all fairness that Catalina is located across from Lost Angeles... a BIG American city that I fear going to myself.

I have a great idea for promoting the Philippines here in the SoCal market. Remember, we have lots of divers here and LA is one of the closest US international airports to the Philippines.

Get a group of Philippine dive operations to offer yours truly, Dr. Bill, a chance to dive with them and film their operations and marine life. Then Dr. Bill reluctantly returns to LA, leaving the beautiful adoring single women of the Philippines (not to mention the warm water)... at least temporarily. I create several new episodes for my cable TV series. Viewers see these episode, are awestruck by the marine (and topside) life, and flock to the Philippines!

I then syndicate my show nationally in the US, and you'll wish you hadn't done it!

I Like This Guy....a Lot!!!

Of course this is exactly the kind of nonsense we get from our fear-mongering government here. Remember, these are the guys that told us Hussein had WMD and intimated Iraq was responsible for 9-11. However, I should add in all fairness that Catalina is located across from Lost Angeles... a BIG American city that I fear going to myself.

I have a great idea for promoting the Philippines here in the SoCal market. Remember, we have lots of divers here and LA is one of the closest US international airports to the Philippines.

Get a group of Philippine dive operations to offer yours truly, Dr. Bill, a chance to dive with them and film their operations and marine life. Then Dr. Bill reluctantly returns to LA, leaving the beautiful adoring single women of the Philippines (not to mention the warm water)... at least temporarily. I create several new episodes for my cable TV series. Viewers see these episode, are awestruck by the marine (and topside) life, and flock to the Philippines!

I then syndicate my show nationally in the US, and you'll wish you hadn't done it!

Oh yeah....I like him very much!!! That is a great idea......hmmmm

do you have to leave?
2196692066_f2845b174a_b.jpg

Free? Whoa! See earlier comment....this is a business and not a charity....but I think with some coordination we can work a deal with everyone...our team is looking for some press....we need to keep the dialogue going that is for certain.

do you have to leave?
2196692066_f2845b174a_b.jpg

Wow....uh....wow....wow....wow...er, did I say wow? See, our North American brothers will discover our secrets and never leave now!!!

Back
Top Bottom