Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will advertise heavily in the United States and Europe. We know that it is simply a matter of providing the American diving customer a well-informed advertisement that will convince them to dive the Philippines. As an American owner that might influence the guest's choices a little.......<grin>

Way to go! I would assume that this is such a heavy burden for a start-up company to spend $$ to promote their services in US and Europe. I am wondering if there is a local dive association that can help do international promotions in behalf of its members as opposed to the "to each his own" method. What do you think about this idea? Is it feasible or just wishful thinking?

Phil (bisugo767)

We will advertise heavily in the United States and Europe. We know that it is simply a matter of providing the American diving customer a well-informed advertisement that will convince them to dive the Philippines. As an American owner that might influence the guest's choices a little.......<grin>

Way to go! I would assume that this is such a heavy burden for a start-up company to spend $$ to promote their services in US and Europe. I am wondering if there is a local dive association that can help do international promotions in behalf of its members as opposed to the "to each his own" method. What do you think about this idea? Is it feasible or just wishful thinking?

Phil (bisugo767)
wishful thinking.....

We have spent zero in advertising as of today! The Internet is a very powerful tool if used properly. Oh....and WISHFUL THINKING.

Nope, won't do it! Wouldn't be prudent! Notta, zip...no pop ups!

make sure you put lots of those annoying popup ads on your website and that it hijacks the viewer's web browser! :wink:

BabyD, you'll probably be better informed on what is good advertisement value for you in the US, whereas a Non-US owner would have to depend on ad/ travel agencies doing a good job. You'll be better placed to make sure they really are doing a good job and you are getting your money's worth! Plus, you might be able to make your own contacts with dive shops in the US for organising dive trips. You'll definetly have a big advantage over others if you play your cards right...:coffee:

you could always become a paid advertiser here on SB to advertise your shop in one of the SB banner ads... :D

allowing people with proper free diving fins to dive with your shop helps....

they work for magazines...

:wink:

:rofl2:

apologies for laughing.

i've never seen Mickey this funny before. :letsparty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom