Why NOT to make DIR forum opt-in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it just me? Or are other people starting to see parrallels between the DIR Forum and the Warcraft episode of Southpark?

PFFTTHH, I was banned from dstop after 1 post.

You obviously understand DIR but since you only post smart@$$ answers I can't tell if you actually dive DIR. Serious question, do you?

Hmmmm, from your take maybe not. (But I probably am not so far away to be unrecognizable)

I took DIR-f from AG. Took it a second time with AG and Dan Mackay. Got my trimix training with Greg Mossfeldt (www.mossmanscuba.com) and do most of my trimix diving with him.

So am I DIR? Heck, even I'm not sure these days.

Whether you are or are not, you clearly have the single best avatar on ScubaBoard.

So there.

It does fit my mood when reading the DIR forum. :wink:

I got banned from the DIR forum because Danial f Aleman posted saying something about the Borg collective (guess who post he followed)

I then posted "No, its more like Scientology"

Sometimes, people take this stuff way too seriously

That is classic!
:mooner::mooner::lotsalove:

I got banned from the DIR forum because Danial f Aleman posted saying something about the Borg collective (guess who post he followed)

I then posted "No, its more like Scientology"

Sometimes, people take this stuff way too seriously
Yeah ... I know. I like Daniel, but personally I thought they banned the wrong person ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

So to revisit the original topic for a moment...

Why can't we try the opt in thing? Maybe it won't eliminate most of the noise in this forum but it might reduce it significantly. And, we can always change it back.

Clearly, the threads over the last week or so illustrate that keeping the status quo is not the best approach.

So to revisit the original topic for a moment...

Why can't we try the opt in thing? Maybe it won't eliminate most of the noise in this forum but it might reduce it significantly. And, we can always change it back.

Clearly, the threads over the last week or so illustrate that keeping the status quo is not the best approach.

It used to be opt-in IIRC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom