Why is apeks the best regulator ever conceived by human mind???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver:
If you don't like the Apeks reg, that's okay with me. No one is forcing you to buy it.

Just for your info-parts are easily found here in the States. And the reg is VERY easy to service. And breathes good also.

Oh yeah, one more thing. George Irvine loves his SP regs, but found that they had to be kept wet (actually kept in a wet container) or they would require servicing too often. A lot of the stage and deco regs that are left in the cave are SP, I believe.

Apeks is a UK made reg..so here in europe like in usa is very easy to get spares and service..maybe if you go dive outside america you will find out a surprise....SP have this advantage...you can find parts almost at the pharmacy....

Again...i just want to know why everybody in almost all threads say..apeks ..apeks..apeks...when others branches have the same performance?...

I'm not DIR, I have never taken any GUE class. I was a big Poseidon fan for many years. Then, I started using Apeks. Around the same time, Poseidon was having trouble with their US distributor. For a few years, I couldnt get parts. When I really needed them, I found them, however, they were extremely overpriced. This ticked me off about Poseidon. Then, I had issues with HP seats, and went thru a few to get one that actually held at a stable IP. SO, you might say that I was irritated. I didnt let this get to me. I stuck with my Poseidons. Then, as I using the Apeks regs for teaching, I found they were very nice. Overhauling them was easy, parts were very easy to come by. I started thinking to myself... Hmmmm.... This seems like a much better way to go. SO, you know what I did? I sold all four of my Poseidons. Yeah, the parts issues have been solved now, with Viking taking over the distribution of them. Yeah, the prices on parts have come down on Poseidon. But, you know what, I just didnt like them anymore. The ease of servicing the Apeks regs, the effortless breathing (no more sttuterring from my Odin), all convinced me to go Apeks. I now own five of them...
Now, this could have happened with a Scubapro reg, but I doubt it, because I dive in cold water alot, and I actually like the environmental seal of the APeks regs for cold water. They work well in cold water. Scubapro, ehhh... You never know. It might freeflow, it might not. So, thats that story.

Dive Rite regs. Well, I have never tried one. Maybe if I do, I might like them. Right now, Im sticking with Apeks. They have been making regs for a LONG time. Dive Rite has not. Dive Rite doesnt make these regs. Thats another concern.

Zeagle... I dont like the cheap plastics they use for the second stage. Seen a few crack. Yeah, they were recalled, and they took care of it, but it never set right with me. Also, the design and overall looks of the reg dont quite look that good to me. They look like a fisher price play regulator. Thats why I dont like Zeagle.
The insides of the regs. Ive seen all of the above, and I like the APeks better.

To each his own. Let everyone decide for themselves what they want to dive. There is a reason why APeks is well liked here, and around the diving community: Its a great reg. There are many other choices, but I chose Apeks for the above reasons...

"....i just want to say..that apeks is not the best....."

you could be right but where is your proof? Just because they are popular they can't be the best? I don't see what the intention of your post is except to draw people into an arguement.

I looked at the RG1200 but its not environmentally sealed so I chose the apeks because it is. In that regard the apeks is better than the 1200 but anyone can use what they want can't they?

will_tekkie:
Apeks is a UK made reg..so here in europe like in usa is very easy to get spares and service..maybe if you go dive outside america you will find out a surprise....SP have this advantage...you can find parts almost at the pharmacy....

Again...i just want to know why everybody in almost all threads say..apeks ..apeks..apeks...when others branches have the same performance?...

Pretty simple actually. They make a great regulator. Nothing more, nothing less. And no, all "branches" (brands) do NOT have the same performance. Or serviceability.

will_tekkie:

Will_tekkie, this is what? The third or fourth thread you have started on regs. It seems you keep asking the same question, but don't listen to the answers if you don't like them. Reminds me of my daughter. :)

I can't speak for everyone on this board, but personally I did a fair amount of research when I decided I needed a new reg. I checked the manufacturer's sites for information and comparisons. I checked various magazines and websites for evaluations, tests and comparisons. I tried several regs myself. I compared prices, performance, ease of breathing, etc. In the end I bought Apex. Why? Becuase performance and reliability are not the same in all brands. If you think otherwise I don't believe you've really been looking. I'm not saying Apex is the best, I'm saying it's the one I decided was best for me. And having used it on a number of dives I'm not disappointed.

Mind you, I'm still quite happy with my old US Divers reg. Even if it is over 30 years old, it breathes dry and easy and has yet to fail me. Wish I could get my hands on another one.

will_tekkie:
obviously you did not understant the ideas behind it....i just want to say..that apeks is not the best.....its popularity is this forum is due mostly to the fact that DIR and tecs diver uses a lot because is a DIR regulator why???....well some people from GUE likes it....is cool to be a "DIR" diver... i was VERY surprised when in a thread a rookie diver asked on fins recommended..and several said JET fins!!!!!!!...before GUE nobody would said that....that fins are not the best for open water diving.....if you don believe me..just come to dive here..currents are VERY STRONG...this heavy and short fins are like a rubber dinosaur...

You mention DIR, GUE, JJ, GI a lot. Is there are problem here, or is this just a troll?

Where's painter when you need him?? :54:

detroit diver:
Pretty simple actually. They make a great regulator. Nothing more, nothing less. And no, all "branches" (brands) do NOT have the same performance. Or serviceability.

i´m agree with you not all regs have the same performance (or prices)....but not only apeks has a good performance or even the best....my example using a unknown and average quality reg model like rg1200 was this, a example to show my point of view ( in fact i use mostly SP)...other interesting thing i realized that the most apeks defenders love the dry sealed sistem (available in all aqualung models and even in our rg1200 example as optional kit for 35$)..i guess the most apeks users dive in winter close to canada...the reasons of lubold were quire reasonable....

thanks detroit diver for your grammatical correction...i tend to write too quickly and my english is not as good as yours...

will_tekkie:

thanks detroit diver for your grammatical correction...i tend to write too quickly and my english is not as good as yours...

Your english is far better than my spanish!!

will_tekkie:
obviously you did not understant the ideas behind it....i just want to say..that apeks is not the best.....

I'm not sure how you can make such an emprical statement on such a subjective matter. Whether apeks is the best or not is not something that can be determined absolutely (and hence saying Apeks is the best is just as invalid as saying apeks is not the best). It really depends on which metrics you use in your determination of "best", and this will differ from diver to diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom