Why I'm returning my Scubapro Hydros Pro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes that can happen, Have you seen a metal buckle bent out of shape when a cylinder was 'dumped' on it ? That happens also, you can't fix moron, once bent [buckle and moron] they are never the same.
No amount of tools could make it right again [the buckle that is]. :thumb:
It is certainly possible to bend a metal buckle, but much harder. skeptical that a buckle would be unusable after even steel tanks being dropped on it. I'd argue that it could be salvaged with pliers.

Agree that you can't fix stupid, but it is like hydrogen: unlimited.

skeptical that a buckle would be unusable after even steel tanks being dropped on it. I'd argue that it could be salvaged with pliers.
Try it some time, I have, after a moron [as you say] bent one ,and would never trust it again
The old 'Sea Bee' and 'Aqua Craft' buckles could take a hammering, like ones on this set, the Tusa waist buckle was never as strong, like a lot of them around now.
20211216_090654.jpg
I will try to stay on topic now.

Off topic I know:
Ok, all this talk about plastic makes me laugh.
Let us start a list about the amount of plastic in every dive setup today.
Have a good look over all the gear you dive, little things like cable ties, fin and mask buckles, what may be plastic in your regulators, yeah, there too, BCD inflator etc :daydream:.
I can think of plenty.

I have plastic parts from the 1980s that will out live religion.:rolleyes:

My qualm is with plastic in the wrong parts.
The shoulder strap area of the Hydros Pro for example. Took a look at mine after about 150 careful uses and noted the detoriation.

My qualm is with plastic in the wrong parts.
Do you have a photo of that area please.
I would have that many dives on one and the shoulder straps and buckles are like new.
The only wear is on the plate that holds the cylinder, which is usual.
IMG_20230811_141509.jpg
IMG_20230811_141951.jpg

Do you have a photo of that area please.
I would have that many dives on one and the shoulder straps and buckles are like new.
The only wear is on the plate that holds the cylinder, which is usual.View attachment 796780View attachment 796781

I couldn't find my pictures, but here's a picture of the shoulder strap from another user on this forum

the weight pocket area that started wearing - in spite of me never lifting it from that area and I never have more than 3 pounds in each pocket

Attachments

• 20201212_143707.jpg
    20201212_143707.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20201212_143711.jpg
    20201212_143711.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20220712_163544126.jpg
    PXL_20220712_163544126.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 57
I couldn't find my pictures, but here's a picture of the shoulder strap from another user on this forum
yes I have seen those photos.
The very first model had a problem with the shoulder strap, which Scubapro fixed.
I only use the simple harness [ no weight pockets on waist band] and only 3lb in each trim pocket, and only lift with the handle like you.

I tried both my B/Ws today for the first time in ages, SP X tek SS and one piece webbing and a my Hog SS and one piece webbing Vs the Hydros Pro simple harness, and the Hydros was so easy for an old guy like me, and fits my style of diving now, easy on/off .

The SP X Tek SS and wing did feel good in the water, I like this wing a lot once in the water, the Hog, basic stuff, does the job, did not feel as good as the SP, but the one piece webbing and crotch strap was so much harder to on/off on both of them.

Try it some time, I have, after a moron [as you say] bent one ,and would never trust it again
The old 'Sea Bee' and 'Aqua Craft' buckles could take a hammering, like ones on this set, the Tusa waist buckle was never as strong, like a lot of them around now. View attachment 796754 I will try to stay on topic now.
Now that sounds like a challenge! This reminds me of the guy my brother worked with at Microsoft who received the awards for time at Microsoft. He did an experiment of comparing the impact of diferent caliber bullets on those things. :wink:

Im planning to use seam ripper to debadge the huge logo on top of my halcyon wing, never seen a picture with the logo removed. Will it still function well?
I removed the Xdeep logo from one of my wings due to the fact that at the shop I was teaching didn't carry it

Many years later, still going strong.

If they ain't payin, they ain't stayin

007.JPG

Yeah if I wore baseball caps my life would be perfect

There are three H wings in this pile two with the badge removed

031.JPG

Of course the one with the badge goes better even the OMS with the badge goes better

Yeah if I wore baseball caps my life would be perfect

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom