Why I'm returning my Scubapro Hydros Pro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Build me a superior product(s) at a reasonable price (when on sale for SP) and I can live with a few of the manufacturer's logos on the equipment.
Define a “FEW”....lol!

I used to do a mix of cold water tech and tropical diving. Loved my Halcyon BP and Wings setup. Lost every bit of gear that I had assembled over 20 years in the Tubbs Fire of California. Decided I needed a BCD and gear that I could carry aboard a plane, since I don't want to check bags anymore. So I went with the Scubapro Hydros Pro for both my wife and me. Not cheap, but typical good SP quality. I'm a fan of Scubapro. From rash guards, to fins, regs etc. So why am I returning my Hydros Pro? TWENTY-THREE LOGOS on the Hydros Pro alone!!! I feel like a walking/diving advertisement for them. God help me if I'm wearing any of their wetsuits, rashguards, or fins. The GIANT WHITE "S" logos are out of control. The SP stuff that I used to have, that is no longer made, was much more low key.

H H H H H H H H on the harness haha

I just watched the marketing videos for the Hydrospro and now I want one. Also, if Galapagos diving is really like that, I'd best hurry over there too.

With some brands, the higher number of logos coincides with a higher price.
carbonfibereclipse.jpg
61CQ2dlmaWL._SL1200_.jpg

Sorry to hear about the loss of your SCUBA gear in the fire. Hope you're able to TEC dive again someday.

I put some of the stickers on my laptop etc. Helps to quickly identify my laptop at the airport screening stations as well when traveling with others that have the all-to-similar looking business equipment.

My Xdeep Ghost has some xdeep and 'X's on it, but I don't mind. It even came with a sheet with several 'X' and Xdeep stickers, which I have no idea what to do with.
To be honest, I don't think it would have ever crossed my mind to return a BCD for excessive logo-ing though.

If you like the bc, besides careful use of a seam ripper or scissors, a little black paint might give you a custom “stealth” hydros.

The new Seahawk 2 has at least half of the logos the Hydros has.

Back
Top Bottom