Why I'm returning my Scubapro Hydros Pro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I used to do a mix of cold water tech and tropical diving. Loved my Halcyon BP and Wings setup. Lost every bit of gear that I had assembled over 20 years in the Tubbs Fire of California. Decided I needed a BCD and gear that I could carry aboard a plane, since I don't want to check bags anymore. So I went with the Scubapro Hydros Pro for both my wife and me. Not cheap, but typical good SP quality. I'm a fan of Scubapro. From rash guards, to fins, regs etc. So why am I returning my Hydros Pro? TWENTY-THREE LOGOS on the Hydros Pro alone!!! I feel like a walking/diving advertisement for them. God help me if I'm wearing any of their wetsuits, rashguards, or fins. The GIANT WHITE "S" logos are out of control. The SP stuff that I used to have, that is no longer made, was much more low key.

My Hydros Pro has over 400 dives on it.
Still looks like new.
I can cope with a few logos.

Did your previous backplate harness come covered in blue Hs? Unfortunately, manufacturers believe their products are like cars and need emblems, tags and names all over them.

Build me a superior product(s) at a reasonable price (when on sale for SP) and I can live with a few of the manufacturer's logos on the equipment.

Of all the reasons to return something... didn't think logos would be one of them...
Must be mystical logos that were invisible until it left the shop, too. Water activated?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom