Why I should Not be Solo Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solo diving shouldn't be done :)

Not even in a kiddy pool.

Vayu:
Solo diving shouldn't be done :)

Not even in a kiddy pool.

Oh, now you've gone and dun it!

:rofl3:

catherine96821:
Well, he said he was an experienced, avid, freediver. I say that is different. Bob, I love the way you sidestep my points by always saying it is off topic. (seriously, not sarcastic...I am attached to your predictable ways) The guy is gone, he said he is not going to solo. So...I was under the impression the debate had evolved.

To stay on point is to run in a tiny circle, with all due respect.

In fact, I think I will watch you all say the same thing over and over. Please, advance ONE fresh though on the subject of solo diving. I don't care if it is correct or wrong...just let it be new.
Why? That wasn't the purpose of this thread ... nor my reason for participating in it. If I wanted to argue with you about the merits of solo diving (which I don't) I'd do so in the solo forum.

And I love the way you say something, then go back and change it after it's been replied to ... note the difference between your post #155 and the text you originally posted that I quoted in #156. How can anyone address your points when you keep changing them? That's a pretty dishonest way to have a conversation.

You've tried, both with me and others, to misrepresent what we said to suit your own argument. That tactic also lacks integrity.

If you cannot honestly represent what others have said, and formulate a response based on the other person's actual views ... rather than your unique interpretation of them, then there's no reason to try to address your points ... because you're just making things up to try to start an argument about something that wasn't part of the conversation.

I would prefer to represent my own views ... not have you twist them around into something I never said. You're way too much into arguing, Catherine ... and that's not why I come here.

Do me a favor and put me on your Ignore list ... because as of now, you're on mine. Congratulations ... you're the only person on ScubaBoard I've ever done that to ... but I'm just not up for an argument.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
How can anyone address your points when you keep changing them? That's a pretty dishonest way to have a conversation.

You've tried, both with me and others, to misrepresent what we said to suit your own argument. That tactic also lacks integrity.
Its not dishonest...its more of a blond thing :wink:

Always best to wait a couple of minutes before responding to Catherine.

You aren't up for an argument?

I thought it was a friendly debate.

You have a boulder on your shoulder.

Did I change anything critical? s-o-r-ry.

I have no bad feelings towards you Bob. I do think you can be a big baby at times.

yea, that's right...I think the "ignore" button is for weenies.

I have never even known anybody that uses the ignore button. But, I guess you will report me for saying that.

Well I guess I'm a big baby too. It just seems that you didn't really read the responses but were all to happy to push ahead based on your agenda.

At which point, there is no reason to try to intelligently respond, given the post is just going to be ignored if it doesn't suit your particular argument.

Hey, this is the internet. At least Catherine is open and honest.

I guess my fault is that saying the same thing over and over does not hold my attention.

maybe I have been here too long?

That is a valid question.

maybe I am looking to hard for some new stuff.

It really hurts me to see solo diving, something I almost consider sacred to be treated like a drug habit. How many new divers go out and solo, and then kill themselves? I'd say it is very rare. People know what they are doiing. That just is not an acceptable thing to say, it appears.

Guess I will go ride my bike and think about vacationing myself.

Considering how many threads that I have seen here on SB take a severe left or right turn, no, I don't think you have been here too long.

Well, the question becomes: If I can't offer my opinion about the one area of diving I am passionate about...then what do I have to talk about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom