Why Dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett:
How cold can you comfortably dive in a drysuit?

I have been in water as cold as 33 degrees. However, to ice dive a dry suit is pretty much mandatory.

Jarrett,
As Diverdown247 indicated you might want to check out DUI Dog Days. They will be at CSSP in Terrell this weekend. Surface Interval Scuba is one of the participating LDS. Might want to check it out....

Great info, I really appreciate it. What about odd sizes? I'm 6'1", wear a Henderson Hyperstetch 3X wetsuit with size 14 booties and XL gloves. Is that hard to find in a drysuit?

I'm 6'6" and NOT skinny. I had my drysuit custom made...you might be able to find one that fits you. They will have close to a 100 suits at CSSP this weekend, this is your chance to see if one would fit.

Mo2vation forgot one "CON" for the drysuit...you can't (shouldn't?) pee in it...I mean for those folks who do that....ah, well, ah... never mind..

Jon C:
Mo2vation forgot one "CON" for the drysuit...you can't (shouldn't?) pee in it...I mean for those folks who do that....ah, well, ah... never mind..
Unless you do what my instructor did to his.. He used a stomia bag on his suit.. Not sure about how exactly he fitted (and used) it tho.
The result was however that he could actually take a leak in his suit without worrying about the suit getting dirty..

Tigerman:
Unless you do what my instructor did to his.. He used a stomia bag on his suit.. Not sure about how exactly he fitted (and used) it tho.
The result was however that he could actually take a leak in his suit without worrying about the suit getting dirty..

Not sure what a stomia bag is, but you can easily add a P-valve to a dry suit (for men), or go to depends.

Rainer:
Not sure what a stomia bag is, but you can easily add a P-valve to a dry suit (for men), or go to depends.
The kinda bag people who have problems with their intestines use because they cant go to the bathroom in the regular way..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom