Why don't women's wetsuits have relief zippers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, someone told me about these....
A lady was telling me about her trip to Egypt that included long rides on camels... and lack of facilities in the desert. I never knew the name of the device (Sani-Fem Freshette) til now. I still figure one would want a relief zipper AND the Sani-Fem Freshette in the more remote places to dive.
Just my two cents.
Trish The Fish

Dive_Girl PNW:
Has anyone used a Sani-fem Freshette or something like it before (or do I need to do a discussion search...forgive me b/c I'm new here!)?

I recreationally dive in a drysuit in the Pacific NW on a 19' foot boat all day with no head and male dive buddies...It's always interesting when nature calls, so I am always open to alternative methods! :)

As long as we're on this subject. . . . maybe someone can enlighten me.

Someone told me that if (when) you pee in your wetsuit, it is obvious to all those around you.

Is it? If so, what do they see?

I never noticed anyone with a strange aura around them, but maybe I was just too busy looking at the fish.

Once I was on a dive with a bunch of people and one lady asked everyone to get on the boat first so she could pee in privacy. :)

Just wondering!!!!

Someone told me that if (when) you pee in your wetsuit, it is obvious to all those around you.

woo hooo.... there are very few (ok, like two) things in the
world i can claim to be an expert at, and this is your lucky
day 'cause peeing in your wetsuit is one of them.

i have done it in caverns, in the ocean, in springs, in shallow
rivers, in brackish bays, in the Atlantic, the Caribbean, and
the Gulf of Mexico, and i assure you...

nobody knows nothing

however. there is one drawback. at the end of the dive,
you do smell like pee once you peel off the wetsuit, especially
if you stay in the wetsuit for a while before removing it.

the best thing to do is to remove the wetsuit at once, rinse it,
rinse yourself, and voila -- good as new.

this has been one of the funniest threads I have read.

And to those who say your a liar if you haven't. I haven't, although I have become very good and getting out of the water, dumping my equipment and running to a tree or port-a-potty!!!

I have a quarry dive coming up at the beginning of May that the water is currently around 50, so I might be moving to the other side of things once I hit the water!!!

Jeff :dazzler1:

this is really weird. I was on here looking at new posts and then decided to look for a T that I had seen. With my searching I found this T http://www.fishpie.com/cgi-bin/stor...19016*rr7910&p_id=0023&xm=on&ppinc=search2and thought of this post...way too funny. I think I might have to order one.
I had the same question as to how someone could tell and now I know.

hahahaha... that's funny

H2Andy:

woo hooo.... there are very few (ok, like two) things in the
world i can claim to be an expert at, and this is your lucky
day 'cause peeing in your wetsuit is one of them.

i have done it in caverns, in the ocean, in springs, in shallow
rivers, in brackish bays, in the Atlantic, the Caribbean, and
the Gulf of Mexico, and i assure you...

nobody knows nothing

however. there is one drawback. at the end of the dive,
you do smell like pee once you peel off the wetsuit, especially
if you stay in the wetsuit for a while before removing it.

the best thing to do is to remove the wetsuit at once, rinse it,
rinse yourself, and voila -- good as new.

Andy, you're too funny!! Thanks for making me laugh. And laugh. (I liked your scenario for a dive movie, too!)

You've relieved my mind. Now I can pee and enjoy it instead of living in fear that someone will catch on what I'm up to. I'll have to be careful when I step back on the dive boat, though. Hey! Won't I get a fishy eyeball if I roll off that wetsuit, frantically dip it in the waves, and then splash water over my nether half? Maybe I can just contrive to fall back in the water just as I get the suit off. But I don't suppose that would work too many times in a row on the same dive boat. . . .

I was on a camping, off-road trip a while back. One of the other women had one of those fresh-ette thingies. I didn't quite see the point where we were. There were plenty of bushes :wink: The thing that I didn't like about the fresh-ette thing was that you are then stuck carrying around this thing with your pee all over it. That just didn't sound so great. If you were in an extreme situation, OK... I'd think about it... perhaps...

Oh yeah, LOL on the "two" types of divers, those that pee in their wetsuits and those that lie about it. But don't forget about us DRYSUIT divers!! I still have the same problem with the drysuit and the head. Men's aim is bad enough on land... Perhaps THAT's the extreme situation that would be cause for the fresh-ette purchase... hmmm...

Hey! Won't I get a fishy eyeball if I roll off that wetsuit, frantically dip it in the waves, and then splash water over my nether half? Maybe I can just contrive to fall back in the water just as I get the suit off.

brilliant!!

Back
Top Bottom