Why don't women's wetsuits have relief zippers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raviepoo

Contributor
Reaction score
in exile in the Pennsyltucky Archipellago
# of dives
500 - 999
No, I am NOT trolling.

I don't have an apendage that I can pull out of my suit to release urine outside the neoprene. But I don't really want to swim around inside a big, neoprene diaper with a thin layer of urine coating my skin. I would rather just unzip my crotch and release directly into the water.

Am I crazy? Ladies, if you had a 6 inch zipper running along the crotch seam between your legs would you open it to pee under water? Would you look at me funny if you saw me do this?

Not trolling. Really. I'm looking for sincere answers.

Unless you get a costly drysuit zipper installed the regular zippers would allow all that nice cold water in an area that might not be too pleasing for you. Plus if you put the zipper tween the legs your gonna be rubbed the wrong way:):) Have a nice day:) I'm no lady but I know how cranky they get when you rub them the wrong way!!!!

I'm definitely with you! It's such a hassle to have to get almost completely undressed whenever you need to potty. Not to mention the heads on most dive boats are not big enough to change your mind in and the floor normally isn't clean - boys have bad enough aim on dry land! :wink:
I would even be okay with a flap like the old fashioned p.j.'s. Maybe a strong velcro around the edges???

You're not alone in this one, raviepoo!

totalangel :angel:

I like the flap concept. It would certainly help to solve those head/port-o-san problems. But, I don't think I would use it in the water :D

I understand the prediciment all too well, yet when I think of the reversal- men undoing their wetsuits underwater, um, I think its probably better if the wetsuits stay on. Its just one of those things that I take for granted, if you claim you have never peed in your wetsuit then either you are a liar or a non diver! :eek:

The other thing is, that if you pee in the water discreetly, nobody knows, kinda like peeing in a pool. To stop the dive to undo your wetsuit (what is your buddy doing, looking the other way?) to discharge would garner a lot of sanitary queries.

And then, what would happen (just my luck) if you couldn't get it rezipped/flapped together (or even worse, got something caught or stuck)?

As far as a boat goes, there are way to go to releive yourself in a one piece without taking the whole thing off. Just pull the suit over to one side.

I don't know if this answered your inquiry, but hope it helps regardless.
:j

Big-n-Buoyant once bubbled...

Ouch! Beware of inquisitive sea snakes!:)
I was thinking more along the lines of getting something caught. You aren't exactly the most agile/flexible person with all the equipment on, let alone trying to maintain your bouyancy!

raviepoo once bubbled...
a big, neoprene diaper with a thin layer of urine coating my skin.

Eeeew - I never thought of it that way in 18 years of diving. It's just one of those things you live with as a part of diving, I guess. Best not to think of it too graphically or we'll all wind up with UTI's!!!

Actually, I think that's a great idea. I'm thinking maybe a velcro flap rather than a zipper (still haven't gotten over the whole 80's bodysuit snap thing - or am I dating myself?) I wonder if one of those custom wetsuit places can do that?

If we were diving together and you had to flip the flap - by all means you wouldn't hear me complain - go right ahead. Beats accidentally stepping or sitting on your "diaper" wetsuit when we're all back on the boat!!!

ravie: a lot of people here have the solution, which is: pee in your wetsuit and to hell with it...not only that but enjoy it, one doesn't often get the chance to piss themselves, and diving is one of those 'golden' opportunitys.

Myself, if there is ever a need...avial myself without guilt, but with pleasure. The flush of warmth is pleasurable and sensuous...and if you fear the odour of urine later when your on a boat or shore...do not worry, with the water inside the wetsuit the urine is diluted to such a degree there is no problem.. And if it's saltwater diving...the natural smell of the sea is similiar .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom