Why don't women's wetsuits have relief zippers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is a relief zipper really something worth having? I mean, what's the likelyhood that the "fluids" will exit in a steady stream into the water? Unless you dive naked under your wetsuit, there will be at least a speedo between the diver and the wetsuit, so in escence, peeling the collar and flushing the wetsuit is likely to accomplish the same.

Andy, you know how to spot a diver who didn't flush the wetsuit? he's standing on a yellow puddle...lol

two kinds of divers in the world, those who pee in their wetsuit and those who lie about it. :wink:

Rick

I'm confused! What's the difference between a women's wetsuit and a man's?? I've never seen a relief zipper on any wetsuit - am I missing something? My wetsuit zips in the front, but not so far down that if I tried to take out my 'appendage' I wouldn't risk serious damage!:nervous: Added to that I'd probably pee over the ceiling!
No - that warm fuzzy feeling seems the most sensible way to go!

lol... this was addressed early in the thread.

but yeah, both men and women are in the same boat (hahaha... sorry, gotta laugh at my own jokes; precious few others do) on this one. there is no way for guy
or gal to pee without taking the wetsuit off OR peeing in it.

I used to worry about peeing in a place that was not a proper toilet until I learned that the longer you hold it the more your blood pressure rises..so that was good enough for me! :wink:

gleo:
I used to worry about peeing in a place that was not a proper toilet until I learned that the longer you hold it the more your blood pressure rises..so that was good enough for me! :wink:
Not only that, I was told holding it can lead to yeast infections. YUK! (Apparently school teachers have a high rate of yeast infections because they can't leave the classroom. Told to me by an elementary teacher)

Scubaguy62:
Is a relief zipper really something worth having? I mean, what's the likelyhood that the "fluids" will exit in a steady stream into the water? Unless you dive naked under your wetsuit, there will be at least a speedo between the diver and the wetsuit, so in escence, peeling the collar and flushing the wetsuit is likely to accomplish the same.
Rick

I wondered about that, too. Maybe the best way would be to go ahead and commit the act; then sneak open the relief zipper, and. . . .

FLUSH!

LOL

Yeahoo! Finally addressed it. Just velcro or a zipper....PLEEZE
I am about to modify my suit myself....of course the drysuit will remain a problem...no diapers for me.

Don't mean to barge in ladies (Being a gentleman, I'll close my eyes), but the thread topic caught my eye. I am a man, but also suffer from the diuretic effects of water on my self. Even if I had a zipper, I don't think I would want to unzip and go with other buddies around, friends or strangers. The same reason why I close the stall in the bathroom (and I do put the seat back down after.). It's a case of kidneys over mindpower. I can't hold it for a whole hour or more. At least when I wear my exposure suit, it's not a problem, because no neoprene. Women I dive with here in Jeddah just do what they gotta do and buy Sink the Stink for after. Also, when the water is under 75 degrees F., it takes the chill away for a short time, although I don't think I find it sensous. Hope you ladies don't mind the visit. I prefer sometimes diving with gals and not guys, less tendency to be Mr. Tough Guy. I can just be myself and enjoy. Now if I could just get my wife to dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom