Why dont many SCUBA divers use a snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't use a snorkel because I always get confused about which end to suck on. I almost drownded cuz of this. So I just chucked it.

the sea lions love to steal them,

I would love to be there to see that! Annoying to you but has to be amusing to those around you. :rofl3:

Perhaps someone that knows how to use a computer machine will be able to make this more accessible....It is an anti snag, kelp repelling, self breathing, water tight, sprint to the dive site Ian Thorpe, ebay item No 400110097140 snorkle.

Perhaps someone that knows how to use a computer machine will be able to make this more accessible....It is an anti snag, kelp repelling, self breathing, water tight, sprint to the dive site Ian Thorpe, ebay item No 400110097140 snorkle.

this snorkel?

I don't get it, that seems like it would be worse than the other snorkels. I mean I get that you can have your head further down, which appeals to me, but it seems that it would get caught a lot more and all around be a hassle...

Oh and I can't stop laughing about the sea lions!! :rofl3:

I don't use a snorkel because I always get confused about which end to suck on. I almost drownded cuz of this. So I just chucked it.

:rofl3:

I haven't used a snorkel for so long that this last weekend when I did my Rescue Diver checkout dives, I kept forgetting switching it out for the regulator and swallowed a few mouthfuls of water.

You should check out the "Ask An Expert" feature in the August 09 issue of Scuba Diving Magazine for a brilliant debate on the subject. The .pdf of the article is too large to upload here, but since I was one of the brilliant debaters, I have two or three (thousand) copies lying around. Message me if you'd like one...

Australian Crawl.

I stopped using it because I didn't want another thing hanging from the side of my face and noticed I don't ever use it, I have ample air at the end of a dive usually to take a few breaths if I want to...not sure why I would ever need a snorkel unless I actually went snorkeling.

Back
Top Bottom