Why does PADI not have a "Find an instructor"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scadreau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I know the "Find and instructor" section on SDI/TDI is not well formatted, but it is nice to be able to find one. What is PADI's reasoning for not having something like this?

I have sent emails to 4 people asking for an instructor and instructor trainer for specific courses and no one responds. It is pretty sad really.

PADI does have a find a dive shop section on the website.

I presume that each dive shop would have at least one instructor.

Organizations like NAUI (and others) are focused on diver/instructor education. PADI (despite its name) is centered on Dive Shops and resorts (which employ Instructors). In other words, the focus is on the for-profit aspects of diving and education is a means of selling product.

I know the "Find and instructor" section on SDI/TDI is not well formatted, but it is nice to be able to find one. What is PADI's reasoning for not having something like this?

I have sent emails to 4 people asking for an instructor and instructor trainer for specific courses and no one responds. It is pretty sad really.

www.scubaboard.com

^^ on that site you will almost certainly be able to network with someone who knows someone. Moreover, the advice you get will more than likely be better than just a list of names. There are exceptions but for some strange reason a lot of people on scubaboard tend to know people who know what they're doing.

R..

I think what the OP has asked could be a good function for PADI to introduce to their SCUBA earth site.

www.scubaboard.com

^^ on that site you will almost certainly be able to network with someone who knows someone. Moreover, the advice you get will more than likely be better than just a list of names. There are exceptions but for some strange reason a lot of people on scubaboard tend to know people who know what they're doing.

R..

+1

I think what the OP has asked could be a good function for PADI to introduce to their SCUBA earth site.

As it was said earlier on the thread, they are not focused on the individual/independent instructor.
This is clearly seen in their elearning pass purchase system & commission scale and has very little to do with the technological ability to do so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom