Why do you dive?

What's the most enjoyable aspect of diving for you?

• Seeing cool stuff

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • The physical (e.g., weightlessness) and psychological (e.g., wow, I'm breathing underwater) thrill s

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • Teaching others about diving

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Meeting interesting people

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Its a vehicle for setting and meeting personal challenges (i.e., to dive deeper, or into caves, etc.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • At this point, its mostly just a habit

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • I don't know - I'm just trying something new at present

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • The thrill of exploration and discovery. I'd rather dive a new but boring site than a visually exci

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 12.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love to see the marine life. I guess I figured that came under the heading "to see cool stuff". It is spiritual for me. I consider myself an environmentalist and am also concerned about coral reefs. Up in my neck of the woods, we have reefs but they are not coral. Still, they are wonderful.

But, it is the "cool stuff" (in my case I define that as marine creatures) that draws me. I, too, only enjoy a wreck if it is the habitat of marine life. You are not alone.

-becky

I dive wrecks, but I'm only interested in them as habitats for living things. My reverence for life is what motivates me to dive.

Raviepoo...

I hadn't thought of it, but I agree with you here...altho....it is not my main motivation. Very close tho. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom