Why do you dive?

What's the most enjoyable aspect of diving for you?

• Seeing cool stuff

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • The physical (e.g., weightlessness) and psychological (e.g., wow, I'm breathing underwater) thrill s

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • Teaching others about diving

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Meeting interesting people

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Its a vehicle for setting and meeting personal challenges (i.e., to dive deeper, or into caves, etc.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • At this point, its mostly just a habit

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • I don't know - I'm just trying something new at present

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • The thrill of exploration and discovery. I'd rather dive a new but boring site than a visually exci

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 12.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I get different impression from different people. Which aspect of diving, if taken away, would detract the most from your diving enjoyment?

Well, I dive for severall reasons on that list, not just one.

I love everything about it once I'm in the water. I don't really like how heavy everything is out of the water, but I'm working out to help with that situation. I figure I love diving so I will do what I need to, so I can counter some of the discomforts. That may have come out wrong, but the first time I did a beach dive it was really difficult because of the weight of the equipment. I have worked out and my last beach dive was much easier....:)

I think that diving is one of the most relaxing things I've ever done. That feeling of freedom while "flying" underwater just can't be beat. Sure it's fun to see cool stuff as well.....but a lot of times it's not worth the hassle to see cool stuff.....however the flying is worth a lot of hassle!

Peace,
Cathie

Cause its Fun.
I also became an instructor to have the ultiamte pleasure of showing and teaching others to enjoy and fall in love with the pleasure, sensation and thrill of being underwater

Chris
PADI MSDT
http://homepage.mac.com/sydney_diver

Not one thing in particular. The ability to be underwater is amazing.
The serenity of being in an element we are not "made" to be in is quite cool.
I also like the fact that this is not something that is easy to master. I can see myself learning about scuba and diving for the rest of my lifetime.

and because its fun :D

Beam me up, Scotty. I agree with Wreckwriter. I dive because it is interesting. I'm learing to dive deeper and longer because I want to go where none, or at least few, have gone before.

No cell phone, beepers or fax machines. Well, at least none that are working.

Free flying. You can be like superman when drift diving or just like a Angle....=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom