Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because for one hour you are completed immersed in observing another world – where the matters and events topside no longer exist…

For the silence and relaxation…

For the challange...

For the comfortable feeling of being immersed and weightless (kind of like being back in the womb?)…

But mostly because people who don’t dive are all latent homosexuals...

Cheers,
Rohan.

dive_lover88:
becoz itiz the closest we can get to be superman! other than that is the facination of being in another world and being away from all the top side stuffs

Bull's Eye!!!!!!!!!!!:D

love2godeep:
A "deep" question.....

Why do you dive? Most of us have a near obsession with the sport, but I know there are many reasons for that fascination.

I'd love to hear why it is that YOU can't wait to get wet again.

I suppose this question has been asked on the Board before, but there are many new members.... and I couldn't find a previous post like this, anyway.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
aside from work, ain't got nothing else to do but dive dive and dive.

Oh, I've also been fascinated how the other 2/3s of life on earth lives.

Tassie_Rohan:
But mostly because people who don’t dive are all latent homosexuals...

Cheers,
Rohan.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!:D (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Alright, suppose I have to respond now.....all mine already covered.

Extreme relaxation, weightless, and of course....hovering....damn its fun!!!!

I have absolutly no idea why......

I started diving just a month ago... and perhaps it was a bad idea. Now, instead of asking myself why I dive, I'm always asking "why don't I?" So, I haven't done much of anything else since I got certified.

It's relaxing - I don't think about anything else when I'm diving. I'm still new, so even the most uninteresting stuff underwater is neat to look at and ponder.

Because I wanted to be IN the aquarium with the aquatic life. That comes with a caveat though. No visability, no aquatic life, no interest for me.

Sea Hunt and Jacque C.

By the way, "Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground. Mother earth will comfort you, lay your body down."

Stan

DIVE TO LIVE.....LIVE TO DIVE......
That is all there is to it. No diving = No life
Always keep 50 bar.

Back
Top Bottom