Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twinpop:
Its is the most relaxing thing in the world - I forget about my job, my stress, all of the things in life that are bothering me they seem to stop at the waters edge. It's about exploring a part of our earth that is not fully understood yet. Everytime I go down I see something new and exciting. Up here, we are the top of the food chain - masters of the universe - below, we are not in control.

Kevin

Agreed. Once your at the water front, everything else that isnt related to diving gets put on hold.

Its the closest place to go to get far away from the evidence of civilization. Sometimes, when the viz is really good, I'll find a clearing in the kelp beds where the serenity is so overwhelming I just want to start a homestead there and start raising a flock of sheepheads.

I went snorkeling in Cozumel 2 years ago and saw tons of cool fish but they were so far down and I couldn't hold my breath that long. Plus,70% of the earth is covered by water there's so much to see it drug me in. The reefs are what really inspired me along with marine life. I wanted to see a shark, crusie with turtles and dive with wild dolphins. Re-reading what I wrote sounds really corny but it's the truth.

The concept of diving fascinated me with the first episode of "Sea Hunt" I saw as a boy. Then came the Jacques Cousteau documentaries. So I got certified at 17 through the YMCA. I loved diving but couldn’t afford equipment with college expenses and dating (don’t give me a hard time about second item). Anyway, after several failed attempts to get back into diving I am finally back. A lot more equipment than when I was 17. I thoroughly enjoy being underwater. Especially since there is no talking (at least without full face mask). As someone else stated, it’s cheaper than therapy and man....what fun. Plus you meet some great folks, just like when I used to ride my bike (motorcycle that is). Did I mention that it's fun?

love2godeep:
A "deep" question.....

Why do you dive?
Because, as a fat dude, it's the one recreational activity I can do where gravity isn't always working against me. In fact, in the water I feel downright graceful ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's because, Bob, in the water you ARE downright graceful . . . !

It is fun, beautiful, etc.. Plus I get a kick out of breathing under water.

I got tired of wearing that big watch and having to tell people "no, I really don't dive."

Quote "because it makes the voices stop"

Best answer yet ;o)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom