DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. No one really cares. There’s no mechanism to revoke someone’s cert. at least not that I’m aware of. There are plenty of dudes who for whatever reason don’t dive the GUE way from time to time. That’s not necessarily bad.

But..

If you make poor judgements I might individually decide not to dive with you. But Idgaf what your cert agency is. And collectively you might find that a lot of people don’t want to dive with you. Again, agency irrespective.
Hello instabuddy :daydream: Did I do something wrong on our fluffy bunny swim up the Lockwood Tunnel?

What in the world ever gave you the impression that I would have any interest at all in showing up to any GUE event...?
For someone who has "no interest", you sure seem to care A LOT about whether they would "pull your card" for solo diving

I’m not sure if you are, but referring to Ginti, LiteHedded, and PfcAJ as quarry commandos shows a pretty wild lack of awareness
I know AJ and Litehedded from cdf so I know they are not. Also they were referring to old school stuff, thats not quarry commando. I don't know why I would think that even from just reading here.
Ginte I would guess is at best freshly certified cave 1 or tec 1 and super exited to spread the message. Gue foot soldier type. Wibble I guess really is a stroke from what I read. How is that for awareness.
As for rddvet I guess he used to be a hardcore xdeep sidemount fan and recently switchted to hardcore gue fan... that's just the vibe I get from having read 5 or 6 of his or her posts.
Eitherway, I'm all for DIR people getting a safe space. Nobody should be let in and idealy nobody should be let out.

BTW: This whole I idea that buddy diving is per se safer is dumb as not every buddy is a safety plus in reality. As I said several times. Having a competent buddy is the best option but it's not realistic to have all the time depending on where you dive an how often you wanna dive. Florida and Mx might be the only two places is the world where you have ample amount good enough divers around for cave diving. For OW it's obviously much easier.

News flash, GUE doesnt charter boats anymore than PADI or SSI or TDI charter boats.
There are PADI, SSI and TDI charters? I never heard anyone call themself a TDI or PADI diver. I've also never heard anyone who would all himself a TDI diver and someone put a TDI brand label on their facebook picture.

I never heard anyone call themself a ... PADI diver.
You must not get out much! I hear it quite often. :wink:

You must not get out much! I hear it quite often. :wink:
I hear new divers say they 'got their PADI' but I don't hear more advanced or people that dive regularly call themselves PADI diver. Must be an american thing if people do that.

Ginte I would guess is at best freshly certified cave 1 or tec 1 and super exited to spread the message. Gue foot soldier type. Wibble I guess really is a stroke from what I read. How is that for awareness.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but, for what it’s worth, Ginti’s comments project a very well rounded and considered view of his experiences with GUE. Exactly the outlook that reflects well on an organisation, not a polarised view from fringe advocates or detractors.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but, for what it’s worth, Ginti’s comments project a very well rounded and considered view of his experiences with GUE. Exactly the outlook that reflects well on an organisation, not a polarised view from fringe advocates or detractors.
+1, agree with the above: I find that @ginti ’s opinion always reasonable: he definitely agrees with GUE principles but does not impose them on others. I think this kind of attitude is an asset to the organisation as well.

(Myself, I am just a random newbie diver, so my opinion isn’t worth maybe much anyway 😃)

I do find it interesting that Halcyon advertises its new Legend™ wing as "is shaped to maximize the ease of horizontal positioning". Something GUE used to teach....now I guess you can forgo instruction and buy gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom